• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Part inside Husqvarna 281/288 Chain Brake Cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleepy

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Need the cover over the spring along with the screws. Part # 503575201.
I know it's a long shot, but thought I'd see if someone has a broken cover with the part I need.

I think I may have a new one of those covers. I will look tomorrow and let you know.

Ok, this is the part I have, not sure if it was the right one anyway, looks a little different than the diagram.1489838723669-212591648.jpg

The pin that's cast into my cover, is in the wrong place to mate with the hole in my case that secures the rear of the cover.
The chain brake that I got with this saw is not the one that came with it. Don't know exactly what's going on yet, but the entire chain brake assembly I have, won't work.

I know the early 181 didn't have a hole in the case, so a later model 288 brake won't fit, unless you drill a hole in the case. If someone stripped it down and rebuilt it with mix matched parts it may be hard to get the brake to fit. Post up some pics in the chainsaw forum, someone will be able to tell what is going on.

I have bought the correct metal handle cover from another forum member, dustinwilt68
Hope all this works out, and appreciate the help.

Latest posts

Back