Partner 5000plus Carb rebuild-Walbro WA-158-A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zodiac45

Paleostoveologist & Sawwhisperer
Reaction score
Hey "Fellers", :cheers:

I've decided to rebuild the carb on my old limbing saw, Partner 5000plus. It's running a walbro wa-158-A carb according to info in Mike Acres site. I looked into the reference page and then too the EMPARTweb site for the carb and kits.
1. They do not show a 158-A but there is a 158-1. Whataya think? That as close as I'll get? As a matter of fact there's only one WA-158 and it's -1. So unless someone tells me different, I'm guessing that the baby.

2. Whats the difference in the major and minor carb kit? I'm assumming that one is a diaphram/gasket deal (the minor) and the other ?

3. Any tips or suggestions would be welcome. I've done the 4 carbs on my old Yamaha FJ1100 (vacume slide type) but never these little jobs. Can't be too tough no? :dizzy:

Thanks, :greenchainsaw:

Mike Acres site is not 100% correct.

You likely just need a diaphragm and gasket kit. The major or 'K' series kits have welch plugs, needle, spring, etc. in addition to the diaphragms and gaskets.

You have a couple nice saws there - the 5000 and the 120.

Hey "Fellers", :cheers:

I've decided to rebuild the carb on my old limbing saw, Partner 5000plus. It's running a walbro wa-158-A carb according to info in Mike Acres site. I looked into the reference page and then too the EMPARTweb site for the carb and kits.
1. They do not show a 158-A but there is a 158-1. Whataya think? That as close as I'll get? As a matter of fact there's only one WA-158 and it's -1. So unless someone tells me different, I'm guessing that the baby.

2. Whats the difference in the major and minor carb kit? I'm assumming that one is a diaphram/gasket deal (the minor) and the other ?

3. Any tips or suggestions would be welcome. I've done the 4 carbs on my old Yamaha FJ1100 (vacume slide type) but never these little jobs. Can't be too tough no? :dizzy:

Thanks, :greenchainsaw:

the WA-158A superceded to WA-158-1 your Carb Rebuild kit is a K10 WAT and the gasket kit is D10 WAT

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,

I'll go ahead and order the K10 WAT kit then and go for it. Lawnmowertech, I'll go with you for the kit if you've got it since you took the time to reply.
I love the Partner 5000's screaming nature. She's a real banshee but doesn't start as easy as she used too and idles fast when cold and slower when warm. I guess I should do the leakdown while I'm at it too check on the seals. Compression is good though.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back