Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, quick question for ya.

A buddy of mine has a P500 with a broken safety lever interlock(505 27 92-02 or 503 12 64-01). Would a safety lever interlock of a Poulan Pro 325 (503506901) , same saw as P5000+ not work if he could find one? Or does anyone know where to find one?
Hey fellas. Do any of you partner enthusiasts know if the K650 has a different flywheel and ignition coil compared to the R20/R420?
I have just modified a K650 cylinder to fit a R20 crankcase but i just can't seem to get the saw to rev out clean, it just hits a wall and it sounds like the ignition is breaking up/ stuttering. I'm running an aftermarket Husky 55 coil. cheers in advance, Sandy.:)

I dont know how much help this will be.I bought a P70 with the two piece electronic ignition with no spark I put the one piece from a partner cutoff saw model unknown it works great..
I had the tank vent problem on my r420t I drilled the vent hole larger pulled in a short piece of tygon hose and screwed a set screw in the top of the hose it is the same thing Stihl used years ago.
Kash

Hello. I just started my latest buy: Partner K 1200 cutoff saw[Partner 100 engine]. After a carb rebuild idles perfect, revs ok but when the carb governor kiks in the engine starts smoking a lot. I didn't changed the metering needle and spring and did not touch the governor. What i should do to stop the smoking? Thank you.

Partner R12, i have had this saw for 5 years, taken it apart at least 5 times to try and fix the carb fuel issue (not feeding from the fuel tank). The saw is very clean and runs great when i drip fuel in the carb throat. I rebuilt the carb 4 times, i resealed the fuel tank. What can i be doing wrong that this saw will not run on its own? This is the one saw i cannot get to operate correctly. Any ideas?

Since it runs well when dripping fuel into carb throat, what can I rule out? Reed valve installed correctly? carb issue still? fuel tank pressure? I should add that when i take carb back apart it does have fuel in it under the nipple.

I've had some carbs stump me also. Luckily I can usually find something similar off another saw and swap it in. Might be a good excuse to buy another R12. You might try boiling or simmering the carb in lemon juice, I've had pretty good luck with that.

I need a little help I guess. I have a 5000 that I think would benefit from a new piston ring. I will check the compression this afternoon but it " feels low" when compared to another. Is there someone here as in a supplier that would be able to get me one? I am going to call my old Partner dealer and see if he can help me as well but the more options the better.
I hope everyone had a safe and Merry Christmas. Jeff

I need a little help I guess. I have a 5000 that I think would benefit from a new piston ring. I will check the compression this afternoon but it " feels low" when compared to another. Is there someone here as in a supplier that would be able to get me one? I am going to call my old Partner dealer and see if he can help me as well but the more options the better.
I hope everyone had a safe and Merry Christmas. Jeff

I am running a ring for a Husqvarna 50 in mine.

Thanks for the reply,
Yes I thought I was running a 350 in one of my 500's I think I have found a place to get a ring I am looking at a caber right now. Thanks again I think?? I am all set at least for now.

I cut pulp for many years started out with a Stihl 08 best saw ever made not fast hard on the hands only weak point handle bar mount on oil tank was weak bought a husqvarna 162 in 1979 another excellent saw the only saw I ever bought new. still have it always used husky or jonsereds there were very few partners in my area .I now have two a p70 and an r420t I really like the design of these saws easy to work on simple sturdy controlls start great the part choke is great controlls are handy and the air filter on the 70 stays clean better than the turbo jreds I think.
The 420 seems to have more power and cuts faster than than the 70 even thou it is only 65 cc.I wish I had bought these saws back in those days.
Who ever owned the R420 drilled 1/4 inch holes in the top cover to give it more air but it collects dust and snow.
Both are in really nice shape I put the one piece coil from a cutoff saw on the 70 and changed the seal on the clutch side of the 420 the seal was so bad you could feel the air on your face when you pulled it over.
If someone has a top cover in good shape for theR420T they want to sell let me know I have my USA items shipped to 55605 Grand Portage Mn as the border is only 45 miles away.
I am computer challenged and I do not think you can contact me from this site I have to get my nephew to fix it but my email is
[email protected]

Correction to my need top cover for R420t.
Email is
[email protected]
Underscore was wrong
I have sure learned a lot about Partners on this site wish I was younger so I could remember more of it wish I was younger for a lot of reasons.
Any help or other info on what other saws would fit greatly appreaciated.
Kash

Partner R12, i have had this saw for 5 years, taken it apart at least 5 times to try and fix the carb fuel issue (not feeding from the fuel tank). The saw is very clean and runs great when i drip fuel in the carb throat. I rebuilt the carb 4 times, i resealed the fuel tank. What can i be doing wrong that this saw will not run on its own? This is the one saw i cannot get to operate correctly. Any ideas?

Since it runs well when dripping fuel into carb throat, what can I rule out? Reed valve installed correctly? carb issue still? fuel tank pressure? I should add that when i take carb back apart it does have fuel in it under the nipple.

Do you have the Reed-feathers installed like this?R12 - 1962.jpg also, check the hose from tank to carb, for leaks or to much bent. AND - which was my problem once - the little plastic connection between gas hose and the tank(in the picture above it has part nr. 311 something. On my R12 this was cracked, somethimes allowing fuel to pass and sometimes not. Good luck!

How did you repair the tank connection?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
I bougth one from a guy here in Sweden, a well-known collector and he also sells parts to many different saws.
I think that one is kind a hard to repair since you must tighten it with a bolt.
Here is a pic of the cracked one, and the to-much-bent hose:Bensinslang m. tankanslutning.jpg

I have just finished rebuilding my R12. I bought it for about 50 dollar and by that time it diddent run,
most of the paint was gone and a few minor parts missing. And it's running very well.
Färdigrenoverad a.jpg Färdigrenoverad (2).JPG

It was the first thing I ever rebuilt - but I had
help from experts on a swedish forum. Here is a walktrough in rebuild a R12 from one of them in english.
********************************/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12647&hilit=totte+r12
Maybe you have read it already.

Back