Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure you'll find some flex pipe, that fits.these are often gone lost Anyway : great find - great saw!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

Does anyone have or know how/where I can get a Partner R17 IPL? Any help is appreciated
77d40bc0719444f44745b060af223a4c.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

I like to see the old saws used.
I only have Partners and I cut any and all my lumber and firewood needs with them. We have a new very efficient wood stove so I only need about 5 cord as opposed to the older on which used 7. I cut with 5000 + 's for the most part I take three into the woods with me. 2 - 5000's and one small homeowner Poulan Pro 255 for limbing. I would like to find a P-100 and an 85 some day but for now I'll get by.

I haven't had wood heat in years, but friends and neighbors do, and I have a 1 ton with a flat deck and stakes... I inherited cad from my father as well.
I probably end up helping with 25-30 cords a year. I mostly use my 365 husky for falling and blocking and whatever old poulan I have around that runs at the time for limbing and small stuff.

I have a 70 acre wood lot here that I need to do some work in to keep with the tree growth plan I have. I save some in taxes by having my land In tree growth but you have to comply with the plan.
I have 3 locations that I need to work in. One is a possible "Sugar bush" that needs thinning to meet the terms of " sugar bush" the second is thinning,
I have about 7 acres of fir and hemlock that are 30- 50 years old and are only 3"- 8 " in diameter it is too thick. That area needs to be thinned there is a name for what I need to do but it escapes me now, Basically open it up to sunlight.
The third is a Beech ridge ,..I need to remove a lot of wood there too... Undesirable Beech, Poplar and Red Maple . I planned to begin all of this, this last Saturday (yesterday ) but it never got above 8* all day so my Partners and I stayed indoors. There will be warmer days . I personally look for 15*and rising to me that makes pretty good work temps. I did discover yesterday that one of the 5000's I was planning on taking to the woods had a cracked carb body so I switched it out for a different used carb I had. So yesterday was not a total loss spent a couple hours in the shop. That always makes me happy.

Can anyone help identify this cylinder? Looks like a K650 K700 Partner Power cutter cylinder, but the bore is too small for a 50mm piston. It measures 1.966 and that's what a 50mm piston measures. What was the difference with the EPA cylinders?

16.jpg 15.jpg 14.jpg 13.jpg 12.jpg

I found a little more info on the K650 EPA, it has a dome piston and different cylinder. 505341162 EPA dome piston, and 506243712 EPA cylinder. Now, if I could just find the specs on the diameter. The non epa flat piston is 506099001 and measures 1.966 at the skirt, mates to 506099212 cylinder.
epa.PNG

So I just bought a lot of 5 saws today and the one that sold was the 500, I've been trying to research it and from what I understand it seems to be a good saw, since it was in the lot, obviously it needs a bit of work. I drained some nasty looking stuff out of the fuel tank and had a peek, there looked like some kind of blue gasket or something in between the two parts of the fuel/crank case. When I reached in and felt it, it started falling apart. I would imagine this would cause problems. Is this normal, or is this something that will need to be fixed?

It might be a problem. I'd probably start with checking the compression and spark. If that's good, I'd put fresh fuel in and see if it leaks out of that gasket material. OEM gaskets were often blue. You'll be happy with that 500 if you get it running. Opening up the muffler helps.

It might be a problem. I'd probably start with checking the compression and spark. If that's good, I'd put fresh fuel in and see if it leaks out of that gasket material. OEM gaskets were often blue. You'll be happy with that 500 if you get it running. Opening up the muffler helps.
I second the blue gasket material, my Partner had a blue case and cylinder gasket, and so do the new OEM ones I received.

Partner could make a good saw, that 500 should be no exception.

Ahh ok well that's good, I just didn't know if it was common for that gasket to deteriorate. I don't know what was in the tank prior to when I picked it up, this is what I found in the tank.

And I have already force fed it some fuel and she roared to life, compression seems great, it holds its weight on the pull cord no problem, haven't gotten around to testing it yet.

Attachments

• IMG_4675.JPG
    IMG_4675.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Back