partner R**

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwayne Ferguson

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Need help can anyone tell me what type of partner this is i got it cheap fixed a few things and it runs great but the numbers are gone off the pull start cover it still has R and what looks like a 4 cant find a cc rating on the cylinder but its got 341 on it any help would be great and also would it be left or right to take the clutch off on a partner like this one.

Thease models look wery alike, hard to tell fom one pic. If you look at the body, infront of the saw, alomost barmount there is a number stamped, that is the serial number, I will have a look at my Partners :) , and see if the cylinder number matches any of my saws.

I have looked at my saws and the R16 and R22 did not have cylinder nr?????
The 117 has 44Z N 3 W 11, the others I have has all got letters in them, like W 2 V I think that is the R522.
I will kontakt someone at Elux and find out if it is possible to Id in an better way, you coulg take the cylinder off and see what cubiks it has too.

Mange.

Does anyone know for sure which Partner was the McCulloch PM1000 of 100cc was it the P100 ?
The PM1000 chain cover didn't have a raised boss for the chainbrake lever to pivot off from memory ( The lever was in natural metal silver finish ) anyone got a pic of the PM1000 to help with ID.
I also recall that the first ones released here in Australia had no flocking on the air filter and was letting all the very fine sawdust through to be ingested by the engine and McCulloch Aust being too far behind the eight ball in getting flocked airfilters i recall it took about 4 to 5 months lead time to get changes in production and improved spares on there way which didn't make for many happy pro cutters here in Australia.
With a 16 or 18" bar this was a very good prop or small timber saw pity it was bothered by early problems with the finer dust off our hardwoods.

Bob Cornwell..........Australia.

The Partner R16 has the on/off button on the rear handle, all other models that look like it has the button's on a panel in front of the rear handle.
The 522 and 22 is the same but 522 has chain brake.
Here is some more Partners :)

The P100 super

PM1000

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/f8aa025ccd277f5588256aff0017936a?OpenDocument

Bob Cornwell...........Australia

:angry:

The P100 is a little different from my Partner saws, air holes in the top cover, muffler, buttons and chainbrake.

If you look at the rear handel and buttons, I would guess it is about the year 1975. The holes in the top bug me aswell as there is no chain brake.
The air intake on the top cover would indicate that is a larger model

Did you find serial nr?

Have you considered using the part numbers on the air filter to rule out certain models? some saws have air filters made spefically for that model and nothing else.

Yes.
I could not find numbers when I looked, but I did not remove them.
Even if I did, I do not have all parts lists to compare, just 16, 22, 522.
There is many models that look like this.

Well, I'm sure the jugs are different, as are the pistons, and possibly the carbs too.

This could be like that mistery MAC we had here a few months ago.

Oldsaw, Mange has probably seen more of those Partners than any of us. There are a half dozen ot them that haad the same displacement-if Bore and stroke are the same and the case is the same it makes you wonder why they changed the model number but in any case-Most of the Parteners look alike-The P series mostly look alike except for size. The non P series look alike. I threw out 7000 off the top of my head based on size-it is not that. It could be one of a big bunch of R series saws.

Latest posts

Back