Parts supplier frustration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian B.

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Attempting (well hell i tried once already) to get a simple bar tensioner from a chainsaw parts place,.. Not going to mention their name unless its deemed necessary.

I ordered a bar tensioning pin from them months ago, for a third back up to a back up saw.. (Earthquake CS4518) well i only procrastinated by three months.. I go to install it and it is tapped and theaded for CCW vs Clockwise, so ITS USELESS. $12 down the toilet.
(Not sure theres any saw you tighten the bar by turning the bar tensioning screw CCW :) )

Contacted them immediately about it, via website.. They dont list a phone number (dont want calls/ shoulda given me a clue)

So i wait two weeks, no response. So tonight i contact via website again, i say hey~ i'll buy the second, I JUST NEED THE SAW UP,.. Get me the correct part # and i'll order through you guys.. (Shite happens)..

So lets see how this goes. I found their phone # on here through the search function. I'll give em a week and report back.

The guys saying "yeah but parts for your EQ are gonna be tough" come to mind.. :(

Well went straight to Ardisam (Earthquake)..the autoreply committed to respond in 24 hrs, so we'll see.

(The broken pin had everything to do with my impatience & stupidity,.. And beer,.. Nothing at all to do with my fine little grey and red firewood cutting monster!)

Oh cool, appreciate it,.. And i'll have to check the Poulans. Got my cousins two over right now so i can tune em up a little~ i'll crack one open and give her a look.

Latest posts

Back