Pearl Harbor Anniversary

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S. Todd

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
"..Dec. 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan." President Franklin D. Roosevelt, 68 years ago.

On this anniversary of Pearl Harbor, thank you to the Greatest Generation for the incredible sacrifices you made for our nation. Without these men we would not have the freedoms we do today. I cannot begin to imagine what it was like to leave your families for years, go across the ocean, be involved in vicious combat, losing your brothers and friends daily, it is impossible to understand all you have done. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Well said. :clap:

Most of us are too young to remember what it was like to live in a world of fear and in a country that was consumed on almost every level with the war effort. I'm not so sure that people today would make the same sacrifices.

Like 9/11, Pearl Harbor has been largely forgotten, sometimes for PC reasons. I fear this political correctness will serve to facilitate further sneak attacks like it did at Ft. Hood. People need to pull their heads from their arses and dump this PC BS.

Hi there everyone! Pearl Harbor,,,,,,my what a life changing time for my Mother and Dad. He was a senior in high school, and enlisted in the Navy almost immediately along with five of his buddies from our small community in January of 1942. He became an Aviation Machinist mate, and saw action in Operation Torch in the Atlantic campaign, and immediately after that went to the South Pacific and all the carnage there. He survived it all and in 1945 was assigned service in Chicago as shore duty.

My mother, who was from the same class as Dad in the same little town went to Chicago to work in the war effort as a civilian as well after graduating high school in June of 1942. It was her opportunity to get away from the poverty that she experienced throughout the Great Depression.

They were never close in school and never thought that they would ever meet up again in life. however Dad went to a USO dance one night while stationed in Chicago, and lo and behold, he met up with my Mom there. Long story short,,,,,,,,they were married in the following year, and spent 60 years together until Mom passed away.

Is this a war story that made news,,,,,,nope, but I wouldn't be here if it did not happen!

Did you guys know that on Pearl Harbor day flags are to be flown at half mast. Most everybody in the city I work for didnt know. What a clusterF getting every flag lowered.:bang:

"..Dec. 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan." President Franklin D. Roosevelt, 68 years ago.

On this anniversary of Pearl Harbor, thank you to the Greatest Generation for the incredible sacrifices you made for our nation. Without these men we would not have the freedoms we do today. I cannot begin to imagine what it was like to leave your families for years, go across the ocean, be involved in vicious combat, losing your brothers and friends daily, it is impossible to understand all you have done. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Well said, thank you for the reminder.

2akmyj9.jpg
tom trees:cheers:

Back