Peavy vs Cant hook

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What one to move logs

• Peavy

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Cant hook

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

biggenius29

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I need something to help me roll big logs around and am looking and cant figure out what would be more usefull to me. A Peavy or a Cant hook.

I will be using it to roll long logs around to cut up, anywhere from "12-24"

Next question, get one with a wood handle or a alluminum handle. I looked all over localy and cant find anyplace that sells one, so I will have to order one. Are the ones from Northern Tool any good?

If you have any other sites that make good ones let me know.

I know I will hear get a Timberjack, and will be willing to go that route too.

Big, I like my peavey with the stand. You have the option of taking the stand off for rolling logs, or using it to cut logs. I would advise you to get a Logrite with a 60" handle. More than enough leverage and practically indestructable. Attached is a pic. A sponsor on this site sells em for a good price. Cheaper than retail around here for me.

I forgot about the Timberjack.

I guess same question, wood or alluminum handle? I see Baily's sells both, along with Northern Tool.

I would go for the aluminum handle. The wood replacement handles are costly to replace and it is hard to find one that fits.

Back