Pecan Logs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maggies dad

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My father in law has a pecan orchard, and he wants me to cut down all the non producing trees. He checked with a local outfit that buys pecan to make furniture out of. They said that they buy it by the ton. I have been cutting and trimming trees for awhile but I have no experience selling logs. Anyone have any insight? Is there a better profit if I mill it myself? What about drying? I am getting all of it for the cost of falling and hauling, so what do yall think? I looked at the trees yesterday, and there are quite a few that are over 70 inches . Thanks for any input.

you will get paid by the ton delivered to the mill...so if stumpage price is $100 per ton and the logger cuts 20tons you get $2000. probably best to go with a pay as cut sale...get a contract with specific language to protect your property and stating the stumpage price.

Thanks for the help. I never even thought about someone buying pecan for anything other then smoking wood. I will let yall know how it goes.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back