peltor lumberjack helmet; mine is broke!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass disaster

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i i just got this like 4 months ago as a gift. not sure where it was purchased.

i just went to use it and the plastic piece that holds the ear muff is busted. also i'm not totally digging the shape for the mesh. i see it must be made of metal and plated so its got a bend in it and i cant get it straight.

i put in a e-mail to peltor to see if i can get a new plastic muff piece and see what they can do about a new shield.

Peltor Lumberjack 6-Pt. Suspension Hardhat System | RBM Supply

this is the one i have. its not the most comfortable. but it works.

That plastic is fairly flimsy, I have broken two of mine by just a branch tip catching it and flipping my helmet off. Luckily I had several older hats for parts. I think my dealer can get replacements when I run out.

Hey Brother, I hope they make it right for ya, not a bad forestry helmet.

My personal fave is the Rockman, a little spendy but very comfortable, durable, and the muffs are just right to be able to converse with 'em on, yet keep the roar of modified work saws to a decent level, even a Snellerized 880.

They have a cool optional feature...an accessory visor that ya flip down like a fighter pilot...comes in clear or shaded. It's like Darth Vader with a chainsaw...

Keep us posted, let us know how it turns out!

Saw Safe :msp_thumbsup:

They seem to be fairly fragile considering their intended environment.My newer one always seems to have a buggered piece or comes apart here and there.My old one(forget the brand) worked well for a couple years until my wife ran over it.:angry:

I bought a peltor from Bailey's and the right ear muff didn't work out of the box. They sent me another one and it barely worked for a week or so. I got a used Stihl helmet with a brush cutter and the ear muffs work well. I waited to long to send the peltor back to Bailey's and don't want to spend $40 with shipping for replacment ear muffs to try to get working ear muffs on a peltor helmet. Real flimsy design.

Had a peltor that I used when running the stump grinder for several years. I've since went to Rockmans and I like them better.

Funny how mileage may very. I've had a Peltor Lumberjack system for nearly twenty years and have good luck with them.

i like peltor.....they work for me!
mastermans.jpg

Funny how mileage may very. I've had a Peltor Lumberjack system for nearly twenty years and have good luck with them.

The only problem I have with them is that plastic hinging system for the face shield, its just a cheap snap together setup that is prone to coming apart through just everyday usage and so flimsy that breakage is imminent if used in the forest. It would be passable for being used out in the open where nothing can catch in it like a landing, parking lot or wood bucking lot.

These are the best, but they don't make them any more. There is a Chinese imitation out there. But it isn't a MacDonald T.

View attachment 271014View attachment 271015

They are the best but illegal for work up here. As heavy machinery operators we all had them many years back but today we couldn`t leave the yard wearing one cause OSHA has made our lives as miserable as EPA has done to our equipment.

Are you sure that helmet is still any good? Life span should be about 5-10 years before they get brittle. Last thing you want is that helmet to fail when you need it most.

I have an Oregon helmet system that lasted 2 months before the muff broke. Now I get a piece of spring metal in my ear every now and then if I am not careful. Rockman or Elvex is on the to buy list this year.

3m peltor is taking care of me with a refund. I am in the market for a new helmet to see if its worth switching brands/styles.

Are you sure that helmet is still any good? Life span should be about 5-10 years before they get brittle. Last thing you want is that helmet to fail when you need it most.

I have an Oregon helmet system that lasted 2 months before the muff broke. Now I get a piece of spring metal in my ear every now and then if I am not careful. Rockman or Elvex is on the to buy list this year.

Elvex!That's what my good one was that I couldn't remember.Thanks PB,I must write that down..........

Back