Pending first sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZeroLife

ZeroLife

ArboristSite Operative
Cured oak cords go for $120 a face cord and $300 for a full. I'm also in the heart of the suburban north metro MN. The only chance these people get at firewood gathering is the occasional blow down. Premium firewood goes for just that. A premium. This has nothing to do with the original post, but hey! I looker it.

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
. AS Supporting Member.
So a friend calls me and asks if I'd be willing to sell two pickup loads of firewood. Being that I never sold a stick of wood before I ask him what he wants to pay for it and he says no no no you tell me what you want. I throw out a number of $150.00 and says that he has to get back to me cause it's for a customer of his (he's a landscaper). Is that too low a price for the wood? Btw the two loads are in a Tundra short bed I think their 6'6" and just stacked level to the top.

6'6" bed stacked,level is close to1/3 cord. i get $75 for that amt. if they haul it. i help load. i also have a landscaper that comes and buys wood for his customers but he only buys my bin size which is only 1/4 cord for $55.

View attachment 302379

BrokenToys

BrokenToys

ArboristSite Operative
Look on your local CL for average prices. There's too much variable in wood prices around..

Around here CL is about the worst to go with for prices. Granted; this is Lawn Guyland and everyone and their brother seems to be "experts" in firewood due to all their CAPS LOCK usage and little dollar signs and "fuhgeddaboudits".

Everything else you stated is spot-on. It's all relative to how you get, process, and your worth of time and materials that make the price and if you want to be in the selling market. Myself; I charge a premium to my area but I cater to a different market that wants specific sizes and even species of tree so they know my prices will be above the norm before the transaction occurs.

ZeroLife

ZeroLife

ArboristSite Operative
Around here CL is about the worst to go with for prices. Granted; this is Lawn Guyland and everyone and their brother seems to be "experts" in firewood due to all their CAPS LOCK usage and little dollar signs and "fuhgeddaboudits".

Everything else you stated is spot-on. It's all relative to how you get, process, and your worth of time and materials that make the price and if you want to be in the selling market. Myself; I charge a premium to my area but I cater to a different market that wants specific sizes and even species of tree so they know my prices will be above the norm before the transaction occurs.

What's your demographic? Most popular species?

blacklocst

blacklocst

ArboristSite Guru

:laugh: It felt more like a kick in the crotch.

6'6" bed stacked,level is close to1/3 cord. i get $75 for that amt. if they haul it. i help load. i also have a landscaper that comes and buys wood for his customers but he only buys my bin size which is only 1/4 cord for $55.

Thats what I figured it to be also, and I'll help him load to make sure he does't stack it over the rails.:msp_biggrin:

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I would call around and get prices in your area. Check CL for prices and go from there.
Remember he is reselling it and he is probably marking it up so be aware he will be making money as well.
If he were using it for personal use I would give him a break, but not if he resells it. that falls under business and not friendship.

BrokenToys

BrokenToys

ArboristSite Operative
What's your demographic? Most popular species?

Some people only want Red Oak, Some only White Oak. Some want just white birch with bark on because it looks nice stacked up in their firewood ring..the list goes on. South Fork of Long Island here with rich Manhattanites who saw in their "Big A$$ Home And Gardens" magazines that this is what they "should" have.

Fruit_wood for the smokers people are a more social lot - I'm pretty fair with them and we trade recipes and even stop to snack on some cooking.

Latest posts