Peoples Court

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menchhofer

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Watching TV the other day.....Peoples Court.

Two individuals were at odds over who was responsible for a tree that fell on neighbors car.

The person who owned the property on which the tree WAS, claimed he was not responsible for the tree falling unto the car.

Pictures shown to the judge clearly showed the tree was hollow in the center even though the tree crown was full of leaves.

The judge further inspected the pics and noticed the tree was surrounded by asphalt including right up to the tree trunk.

The owner verified he had the area blacktoped applied 3-4 years ago and did not belive it would affect the tree......

Nuff said...

I recently attended a seminar entitled Trees, people, and the law. Lot's of interesting information.

Originally posted by The Climber
I recently attended a seminar entitled Trees, people, and the law. Lot's of interesting information.

Oh yeah? Well I went to the library last week and read a book on arboriculture. Lots of interesting information.

How many books on Arboriculture are there in the childrens section

Well in the local elementary schools there is at least one. I donated "The Talking Tree". Maybe after I'm gone some other arborist will get to work for some imformed people.;)

How many books on Arboriculture are there in the childrens section:p

I think Brian was trying to point out that we all know that seminars contain interesting information and you did not include in your post any applicable facts to this discussion you learned while attending.

I am constantly reminded of how little most people understand (or even think about) trees. Functional adults of otherwise normal intelligence will honestly believe that they can remove/ compact/ bury/ or pave over any and all of the soil surrounding a tree, as long as they don't get too close (2'-3'). A customer having a pool built last week was totally shocked when I told him that the biggest killer of live oaks around here was soil compaction, and that the 12" of dirt he had spread under his two beautiful live oaks with a loader was almost certain to kill them within 5 years or so. His reply was "Well, we better plan on moving in 4½ years". I wanted to choke him!

Sorry, I like to read but I hate typing.
I thought he was throwing a jab so I was just throwing one of my own. All in fun.:blob2:

I've quit saying things like "Going to kill" or "probably kill". I've started to say "increase the risk of". If it does not happen when you expect it then you're the blow hard they pegged you for. Had someone come out 2 years after I said the buthcers job would kill the tree in a few. Laughing about how wrong I was....How healthy and vigorouse thier tree was.... They had to have it pruned again that year....

They would not listen to my talk of stress responce and loss of energy reserves. I think it is in slow decline now, not seen it for a few years.

How many books on Arboriculture are there in the childrens section
Ahh, a man with a sharp wit. Someone ought to take it away
from him before he cuts himself.

Latest posts

Back