Performance Outdoor Equipment introduction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
7sleeper

7sleeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Do I also get free shipping...

;)

Would be happy to have a good dolmar dealer close by. The only guy I know is kind of, how should I put it, strange and doesn't know his brand too well. Further his prices I find are "optimistic". Oh well will see in the future.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
As an Echo dealer, have they explained to you why they are selling their 58V cordless chainsaw and OPE 'exclusively' at Home Depot, and not through full service dealers like you? Are you expected to provide warranty service on this line?

The products look nice, and I know that dealers have competed with HD for a while on some Echo equipment, but this was a real surprise to me.

Philbert

fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
As an Echo dealer, have they explained to you why they are selling their 58V cordless chainsaw and OPE 'exclusively' at Home Depot, and not through full service dealers like you? Are you expected to provide warranty service on this line?

The products look nice, and I know that dealers have competed with HD for a while on some Echo equipment, but this was a real surprise to me.

Philbert
honestly didnt even know they existed till just now....not a single flyer/ email has come my way on them or has my rep mentioned them. not a big surprise though....There is a reason i have a wall full of Dolmar saws/ trimmers/chop saws/ water pump/ blowers and only stock a select few pieces from echo and jonsered....I bought a whopping 5 pieces for a spring order from Echo compared to 50 from Dolmar. TSC, Rural King, and Home Depot have Echo and Jonsered. In fairness to the Echo/Jonsered distributors it is my understanding that Home Depot/ TSC/ Rural King buy direct from Echo and the local distributors have no control over it. Same thing as the Stihl/ John Deere dealer agreement

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
I bought my CS400 from a local dealer, after first seeing it at a HD. The dealer is where I would go for support. Saw was the same price, and I got to choose a 16" bar, which I felt was a better match for the saw than the 18" one at HD.

Here are some links for the battery OPE.

http://www.echocordless.com/products/chain-saw/
http://www.echocordless.com/

I was wondering if maybe HD had an exclusive for the first year or so on these, then they would be released to other dealers? Only available on line here, so that is a pretty restrictive sales channel. Usually we expect to see the other way: Husqvarna releasing some of it's line to stores like Lowe's, etc., but servicing dealers have more models and more options.

Philbert

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
I bought my CS400 from a local dealer, after first seeing it at a HD. The dealer is where I would go for support. Saw was the same price, and I got to choose a 16" bar, which I felt was a better match for the saw than the 18" one at HD.

Here are some links for the battery OPE.

http://www.echocordless.com/products/chain-saw/
http://www.echocordless.com/

I was wondering if maybe HD had an exclusive for the first year or so on these, then they would be released to other dealers? Only available on line here, so that is a pretty restrictive sales channel. Usually we expect to see the other way: Husqvarna releasing some of it's line to stores like Lowe's, etc., but servicing dealers have more models and more options.

Philbert

That looks decent, wonder what the chain speed is?

opinion

opinion

ArboristSite Guru
honestly didnt even know they existed till just now....not a single flyer/ email has come my way on them or has my rep mentioned them. not a big surprise though....There is a reason i have a wall full of Dolmar saws/ trimmers/chop saws/ water pump/ blowers and only stock a select few pieces from echo and jonsered....I bought a whopping 5 pieces for a spring order from Echo compared to 50 from Dolmar. TSC, Rural King, and Home Depot have Echo and Jonsered. In fairness to the Echo/Jonsered distributors it is my understanding that Home Depot/ TSC/ Rural King buy direct from Echo and the local distributors have no control over it. Same thing as the Stihl/ John Deere dealer agreement

Nothing alike. Echo chooses to do business with box stores and exclude dealers on the li-ion line. The distributors are under their policies. John Deere isn't a box store. They're a manufacturer with independent retailers with a service center. Even without the agreement Stihl has with them, JD dealers always had free will to apply for dealership with Stihl, and a lot of them already had Stihl before the agreement. Stihl dealers have access to the full line.

fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
Nothing alike. Echo chooses to do business with box stores and exclude dealers on the li-ion line. The distributors are under their policies. John Deere isn't a box store. They're a manufacturer with independent retailers with a service center. Even without the agreement Stihl has with them, JD dealers always had free will to apply for dealership with Stihl, and a lot of them already had Stihl before the agreement. Stihl dealers have access to the full line.
i just meant that it was a corporate decision to allow every deere dealer to become a stihl dealer....the distributor had no real say in it.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
Someone on another forum suggested that the 'ECHO' cordless OPE might be made by someone else, and branded ECHO exclusively for Home Depot, similar to their use of the 'Rigid' name for power tools. It would be interesting to know what the real story is. Would you be willing to contact your distributor to find out what is really going on with these?

Thanks.

Philbert

fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
Thanks! You might get a clearer, straight forward response as a dealer, than I got as a member of the chain sawing public (silence).

Philbert
here is what i know about those 56V tools...jsut recently introduced, not sure who is making them for echo, Warranty...well I am not getting into that fiasco....I am sure someone will be posting up their displeasure with Echo/Home Depot/local servicing dealer when a warranty issue comes up.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
here is what i know about those 56V tools...jsut recently introduced, not sure who is making them for echo, Warranty...well I am not getting into that fiasco....I am sure someone will be posting up their displeasure with Echo/Home Depot/local servicing dealer when a warranty issue comes up.
Thanks for looking into it. I hope that they support you as a dealer, and let you carry these, if you want, in the future.

Philbert