Perkins diesel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpvjr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
OK other than being British I don't know anything about them. I like Caterpiller. I got to find a site that has repair manual for a Perkins deisel. Any clue where to find 1, it's for the MWR tent.

We have 50, 60, and 70 horse model in three case tractors and they have been great engines.

What problems are you having?

I believe cat now owns perkins, should be able to get manuals from them.

OK other than being British I don't know anything about them. I like Caterpiller. I got to find a site that has repair manual for a Perkins deisel. Any clue where to find 1, it's for the MWR tent.

If you like Cat you like Perkins because Cats lower HP diesels are Perkins. Perkins makes a good engine, I think John Deere and Cummins may be a bit more heavy duty. I never would buy a Perkins in the past, not because they weren't a good motor but because they had a poor dealer network in the states. That changed when they partnered with Cat. They certainly are the value leader now. They are less expensive than both JD and Cummins.

Perkins makes a good engine, Hyster used them for years in there 155 (and others) series fork trucks. We have many of them in 155's at work that have well over 10,000hrs on them. They just keep on running. I changed 1 in a machine that caries 30-40,000 pounds of molten alluminum from the recycle furnaces to the main furnaces. That engine had 29'000hrs on it and would have kept running if it hadnt been overheated several times.

The biggest issue we have with them is broken motor mount bolts, and that is caused by the floors being rough and a hard tire fork truck with no susspension. In a normal application that wouldnt be an issue.

Ok well the local (back home dealer is sending me an entire book on the model we have. I inherited it from the Brits who are slowly leaving. I runs the MWR tent (a dry salloon).
NO BEER.:jawdrop::censored::cry:

I believe Massey Ferguson tractors use Perkins engines.

Beat me to it! (At least the older ones did I believe...don't know about today's)

Surely there are MF forums around. They would be another source to look into.

Around my area they are/where always known for having great engines and :censored::censored::censored: hydraulics.

Got an 85hp model in the Landini. Rebuilt at 2,100 after sucking dust for at least a month. Sitting at 1,300hrs now.

Lotsa McCormick,Case, and Landini orchard tractors around here running with Perkins. More so than JD, and no gripes.

No issues with Perkins. None.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Back