peterson winch lift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttoberer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
the single winch lift is another part of this mill which I cant figure out. im trying to design what will amount to a wide slabber in a frame like the peterson, but I cant make out how this one winch raises all 4 rails simultaneously.?? ive studied alot of the pictures of these mills and all I can see is a mess or roller chain winding all about. I have about 5 pages of possible layouts, so I figure asking somone who knows will save me alot of experimenting and likely failure.thanks in advance!

winch production frame

the peterson wpf is just that a frame that rises and falls with one winch the rails dont move up and down

I think you misunderstood my question sorry if I didnt word it correctly. im not asking how the rails move up and down, im trying to figure out how one winch equally lifts all four corners of the saw carraige, which slides up and down on the 4 rails.its sort of a confusing question, and would be easily explained with a good picture, but hard to explain with words. from what I can make out in the grainy outdated peterson demo video, its either one long loop of roller chain which loops up and down from one side to the other, or two seperate loops on each side.:confused:

wpf frame

wpf frame has a chain on each side, coming out from the winch is a tube which rotates with the winch thus turning the other side i mis read your question the frame rises and falls on 4 round posts and slides horizontally on rails

Latest posts

Back