Philippine chainsaw operator.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intriguing to say the least...There are some skills it seems that are self taught.
The experts can chime in as to how or what was wrong with what he was doing,
at the very least he is "making lumber." :msp_w00t:

Good video to listen to the sound of 4 stroking out of the wood... Then it cleans up in the cut. Very skilled man.

TFB

When I was over there a couple years ago.....I saw first hand some of the wood they have to work with over there....some of it is absolutely beautiful hardwood. Some of the craftsman that do
wood carveing of furniture are totally amazeing.
I happened to see a guy doing a tree like this one from about 75 feet away. He caught me out of the corner of his eye, smiled and waved at me.....the saw kept running!!!

I saw this before and its an interesting way of milling along with the grain (noodling). Respect for the guys that can make even shapes and for running the 070s the whole day. :msp_w00t:

I cut some firewood yesterday.... after 10 minutes my back was hurting. :(
The guy in the video must be one tough/fit cookie. Plus skilled like crazy.

My FIL 's current wife is from the Philippines . Some of her family came for a visit and built his 2 sons a treehouse used a Stihl 031 to make all the 2x4s . It was amazing to watch . They said that is how they get their lumber .

I cut some firewood yesterday.... after 10 minutes my back was hurting. :(
The guy in the video must be one tough/fit cookie. Plus skilled like crazy.

Well, you never know. He may be a descendant of the infamous "LapuLapu" ,whom was known for the demise of Magellan (sailing for Spain in 1521 )in that general area long, long ago :msp_biggrin:

an extract from wikepedia:
Pigafetta reports that the Christian king Raja Humabon sent a message saying that if they return the bodies of Magellan and his crew, they would give as much merchandise as they wished.
but Lapulapu’s immediate response was, “We will not give away the captain’s body for all the riches in the world, because his body is the trophy of our victory against invaders of our shore” :msp_wink:

Great vid,

that dude made it look easy!

lots of skill in his hands, kind of like noodlin'
millin'

Latest posts

Back