Philippine chainsaw operator.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool video. Surprised the guy flicking the noodles out of the way is actually using a stick and not his bare hand.

I bet that's not his first day running a saw! I'll practice just for S&G's but probably not do it barefoot. Flip flops should do.

I was first showen this

by a guy from Finland years ago. It's actually fairly easy. Works best with a wide bar, the longer the better, and a rounded tooth chain. Chisel tooth chain tends to grab and pull off to the side. The weight of the saw is not held by the operator but rides the groove. The nibbeled groove that you start out with is almost automaticly cut straight. After that the saw follows the groove with very little guidance.

I saw this video or one similar about a year ago and tried this techniue on a pine tree a few months ago. I couldnt cut straight to save my life. That guy is very skilled!

Whenever i see videos of third world country chainsaws its an 090 or 070. and the operators never seem to be able to afford shoes......
I don't understand where they get the saws.

I bet the locals thinking nothing of this guys talents. Probably have a dozen or so guys in the area that can do the same thing.:dizzy:

Whenever i see videos of third world country chainsaws its an 090 or 070. and the operators never seem to be able to afford shoes......
I don't understand where they get the saws.

They rent them, at least they do on the island I go to in Philippines, my wife is a Filipino. I stay there one year and then one year in US.

They rent them, at least they do on the island I go to in Philippines, my wife is a Filipino. I stay there one year and then one year in US.

Funny....they dont rent shoes...but sometimes they rent the saws:msp_biggrin:.
The philippines is at that location 7 degrees from the equator. Where he is at is mostly soft ground ,hilly ,and a lot of rain during the rainy season. His risk of getting foot rot with shoes or boots on is probably higher that getting the well calloused souls of his feet
harmed. I am sure he wears shoes when he goes to the city.
EVen in the winter and indoors ...my wife still prefers flip flops....on rare occasion she will make short trips into the snow!!
ps...my filipina wife is the most unselfish woman I have ever been with...a breath of fresh air .

Now heres another factoid for everyone to think about......with all of our "advanced" things , :msp_smile:
The Philippine mortality rate is 5.0 deaths per 1000 last year (104 on the global scale)
The American mortality rate is WORSE at 8.1 deaths per 1000 (196 on the global scale)
We "have" more...they have less..they are generally happier and have a lower mortality rate.
Arent you glad all of our governments (federal,state,county,cities and towns) and insurance companies are doing so much for us?:msp_scared:

Funny....they dont rent shoes...but sometimes they rent the saws:msp_biggrin:.
The philippines is at that location 7 degrees from the equator. Where he is at is mostly soft ground ,hilly ,and a lot of rain during the rainy season. His risk of getting foot rot with shoes or boots on is probably higher that getting the well calloused souls of his feet
harmed. I am sure he wears shoes when he goes to the city.
EVen in the winter and indoors ...my wife still prefers flip flops....on rare occasion she will make short trips into the snow!!
ps...my filipina wife is the most unselfish woman I have ever been with...a breath of fresh air .

Now heres another factoid for everyone to think about......with all of our "advanced" things , :msp_smile:
The Philippine mortality rate is 5.0 deaths per 1000 last year (104 on the global scale)
The American mortality rate is WORSE at 8.1 deaths per 1000 (196 on the global scale)
We "have" more...they have less..they are generally happier and have a lower mortality rate.
Arent you glad all of our governments (federal,state,county,cities and towns) and insurance companies are doing so much for us?:msp_scared:

Yes your right about the people being easy going, just don't bad mouth the Pac Man!
I don't drive there so I have a driver he didn't have a regular pair of shoes, just flip flops so I gave him a pair of tennis shoes after he got a ticket while
driving with flip flops? of course i paid the fine!
My wife is the same way always smiling never a bad word, but don't talk politics with here!! been married now 11 years wouldn't trade her for anything.
Can't talk politics on here I'll get kicked off and I just got here!!;)

Yes your right about the people being easy going, just don't bad mouth the Pac Man!
I don't drive there so I have a driver he didn't have a regular pair of shoes, just flip flops so I gave him a pair of tennis shoes after he got a ticket while
driving with flip flops? of course i paid the fine!
My wife is the same way always smiling never a bad word, but don't talk politics with here!! been married now 11 years wouldn't trade her for anything.
Can't talk politics on here I'll get kicked off and I just got here!!;)

My wife is from 3 miles from where Manny grew up. Another iorny is that a favorite uncle served in ww2 at a near forgotten place called Colgan Woods, also a couple miles from there. If anyone has any interest in ww2 history,read the story about the jungle that the troops named after "Father Colgan" who was killed by a japanese sniper along with the medic whom he was trying to save. The stories of the battle of mindanao hasnt really been told much. ( there were two big flashes in japan that brought the war to a fast close). The stories of Mindanao did not make the news.

My wife is from 3 miles from where Manny grew up. Another iorny is that a favorite uncle served in ww2 at a near forgotten place called Colgan Woods, also a couple miles from there. If anyone has any interest in ww2 history,read the story about the jungle that the troops named after "Father Colgan" who was killed by a japanese sniper along with the medic whom he was trying to save. The stories of the battle of mindanao hasnt really been told much. ( there were two big flashes in japan that brought the war to a fast close). The stories of Mindanao did not make the news.

Small world Huh? My wife is from the island of Negros around Bacolod City so not to far from Mindanao, a lot of wife's friends here in Ohio from Mindadao too.
To be safe I do have saws just got about 3 1/2 Stihl's 075's that need lots of work that's why I said 3 1/2. was thinking about getting all the pars and put them in a box and send
home I'm sure you know about box's going to RP! While I was studying about these saw's I found a post on Yahoo about the RP and being required to register your chain saw in RP
because of illegal logging. That law went into effect 2002 so I don't know what would happen to them if customs was to find them? maybe black list me as a smuggler!:laugh: any way I
want to put one of these saws in a mill and make some good lumber you know something square? chain saws they understand I don't think a band mill would work there as a rental?:msp_confused:

Small world Huh? My wife is from the island of Negros around Bacolod City so not to far from Mindanao, a lot of wife's friends here in Ohio from Mindadao too.
To be safe I do have saws just got about 3 1/2 Stihl's 075's that need lots of work that's why I said 3 1/2. was thinking about getting all the pars and put them in a box and send
home I'm sure you know about box's going to RP! While I was studying about these saw's I found a post on Yahoo about the RP and being required to register your chain saw in RP
because of illegal logging. That law went into effect 2002 so I don't know what would happen to them if customs was to find them? maybe black list me as a smuggler!:laugh: any way I
want to put one of these saws in a mill and make some good lumber you know something square? chain saws they understand I don't think a band mill would work there as a rental?:msp_confused:

Sorry about double post:bang:

Back