Pic of the year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be an armchair arborist, but from the pics I would have set up a speedline from one of the trees in the back to my tractor where the camera is. Cut the overhang that you are sitting on one piece at a time and send it down the zipline on a sling (don't hit the tractor,lol). Then cut and throw the stuff on the roof. Just exercising my brain, not criticizing how it was done :smile2:.

I'm lost. Where would you anchor a speedline up there? To the standing butt?

Last edited:
new-4.13.08-032.jpg

Great pic feller. Yer ridin it like Slim Pickens.

I'm lost. Where would you anchor a speedline up there? To the standing butt?

To one of the standing trees behind the one being worked. It would probably take a pretty long rope, hard to say from the pics.

Personally, I would have been cutting out of my bucket truck, slinging blocks onto a speedline if it were my job.

Nice pics all around. I enjoy seeing all of them.

Yep, welcome to AS, someone is always gonna have something to say about any pic or vid you put up. I've learned that and grown some pretty thick bark. It's just like working with the crew; There's always gonna be a lot of #### talking. :D

Nice pic rymancm and welcome!!........FYI, you could have a pic of you blowing your nose, but someone will tell you your doing it wrong..lol...oh, and dont put up a vid, way worse my friend...lol

All in all thats really not the case here, sure guys including myself will talk **** but for the most part we are just sharing our opinons or personal experience. Anyone with a bit of time doing tree work is going to look at that pic and think theres gotta be a better way either a crane, bucket or a higher T.I.P. Sometimes, though it is rare you don't have any options, ya just gotta nut up and this pic is a prime example. Cant see any other way of handling this situation with the way he described it.
Love that other shot at black mountain grew up in N.H skiing lots of those mom and pop ski areas. Did you tie into the lift tower or a adjacent tree.

Who said he did anything wrong?

That's right! Yer probably one of the more respectful people here. Dam yer eyes!

I need to learn to be more like you, Matt, Woodsman. Not like those other jackasses, MDS, X, Holden Wood. I gotta say when I first started this treework crap I got the idea we were supposed to carry on like that, I was jess following suit, I thought we had a good reason, maybe it was the voices in my head. I dunno.

But I like yer idea bout that speedline... I like the Slim Pickins techique too!

All in all thats really not the case here, sure guys including myself will talk **** but for the most part we are just sharing our opinons or personal experience. Anyone with a bit of time doing tree work is going to look at that pic and think theres gotta be a better way either a crane, bucket or a higher T.I.P. Sometimes, though it is rare you don't have any options, ya just gotta nut up and this pic is a prime example. Cant see any other way of handling this situation with the way he described it.
Love that other shot at black mountain grew up in N.H skiing lots of those mom and pop ski areas. Did you tie into the lift tower or a adjacent tree.

You definately hit it on the head. jess can't help look for what is wrong, seek it out, bring it to light and DESTROY IT!

That's right! Yer probably one of the more respectful people here. Dam yer eyes!

I need to learn to be more like you, Matt, Woodsman. Not like those other jackasses, MDS, X, Holden Wood. I gotta say when I first started this treework crap I got the idea we were supposed to carry on like that, I was jess following suit, I thought we had a good reason, maybe it was the voices in my head. I dunno.

But I like yer idea bout that speedline... I like the Slim Pickins techique too!

Yer doomed to the jackass crew, matts way to nice and professional for ya, woodsman aint even old enough to buy ya a beer.
After looking at that pic, id climb up the spar to where it broke out and set a block just under the break, tie it off and cut it from the roof ,buck the rest and chuck it off the roof. Unless ya like draging your sack down the spar seeems like the best choice. Just saying.

Yer doomed to the jackass crew, matts way to nice and professional for ya, woodsman aint even old enough to buy ya a beer.
After looking at that pic, id climb up the spar to where it broke out and set a block just under the break, tie it off and cut it from the roof ,buck the rest and chuck it off the roof. Unless ya like draging your sack down the spar seeems like the best choice. Just saying.

Funny post right there!..Mr. H, Im almost starting to like you now, but everything tell's me not too...lol

If I ever get up to WA, rootbeer and pizza is on me!

I tied in to an adjacent tree and then to the actual lift cable once I got up there. Since I was on a lift line there was nothing directly overhead to tie into. Here are a couple more pics of the job:

arboristsite3.jpg

arboristsite2.jpg

arboristsite1.jpg

If you change Dan then who is going to be you? You fill a very unique (make up your own word here) at A-site. Always entertaining and hilarious with the alter ego's, multiple identities, multiple names, third person narrative, talking to yourself, etc.......... love ya man:msp_thumbsup: I could give a #### about talking treework anymore, I just like hanging with characters like you. Now if I could just figure out who the mole is.......................

I think you might be right, I guess that is why I do most of my work alone. Its one thing to flap gums on here, its another on the job.

I guess if I wrote an instruction manual on how to climb a tree, well, a lot of people would be dead but in there somewhere it would read " Do anything, I mean anything , but don't hug it wit yer nuts". I am still not sure how he cleared the house with that. I would have many ropes set.

But I doubt your idea is going to be that simple to get that bomb off the roof tough guy. That'll get you somewhere but not all the way. It does look there are plenty of trees to rig from. I would be scared to walk on that roof.

I was wondering if the tree on the ski lift couldn't be stood up and dropped 180. Still would have to run up there to set a rope and maybe cut what might rip the cables when the tree was lifted.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back