Pickaroons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job. They will like those for sure.
I use one by Fiskars and it's great actually.
Great backsaver moving splits from the ground to the carriers and for reaching to pull splits and small logs out of the trailer.
Some say its a bit light for swinging, but I like it and it wont crack or rust and has a lifetime warranty.
They sure are a great added log handling tool.
Fiskars Pickaroon2.jpg

Great backsaver moving splits from the ground to the carriers and for reaching to pull splits and small logs out of the trailer.
Some say its a bit light for swinging, but I like it and it wont crack or rust and has a lifetime warranty.
View attachment 975423
I got that one too. I honestly forget I own it most of the time. I need to try to use it more.

Old age is really destroying my memory cells. I love my Stihl Hookaroon and use it all the time for unloading firewood out of the one ton wooden boxes where it is often just out of reach. Also for loading large rounds into the big Teleporter 1.5 ton bucket. However I keep losing the hookaroons in the dirt and sawdust and I need them so badly that I just order another. This is madness so I had a mega search through all the machinery, trucks, cars, saw mills, workshops, barns, woodlands........... and I found six !!!!
I have now branded them all with Roman numerals and each one has a place from which it shall be returned after use! no. 1 in the house by the wood stove, no. 11 in the garage, no.111 in the truck, no. 1V in the Kawasaki Mule, no V
in the Teleporter, and no. V1 on the Palax Combi processor.
I really need two more, one for the Lucas Mill and one for the Lockdown processor before I become sectioned!

View attachment 975423
A friend that helps me with the big stuff has one of these and loves it - both of mine are old beaters I picked up at yard sales/someone found them in my barn and gave them to me. (I've had several others that either died, or I gave away, so not sure where my remaining two actually came from). No names, but don't look home made.

It's kind of interesting how they can look pretty much the same, but one can be vastly better for one person than another.

Also useful for yanking bales off a tall hay stack without impaling one's self on a hay hook.

My buddies are all too cheap. Our local Stihl dealer won't even carry them. Menards has one though for $20.

Pric e is what kept me from buying one for many years. I considered $60 to be too much for what was basically a "nail in a stick". I kicked my rear good the first time I used one for not buying years before that.

Latest posts

Back