Picked up a BRAND NEW JRed CS2171 today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valkyrie Rider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Bought it from site sponsor Spike60 at Ashokan Turf &Timber.
Sure looks pretty on my over crowded bench! I'll get some pics tomorrow and post them up before I get and dirt/oil/chips on it! I'd highly recommend them as a dealer (I drive almost 2 hours each way)! He has a nice shop and had WAY more saws in stock then I'm used to seeing!

It's been a rainy/bad weather and busy day so I haven't even got to run it . Hopefully Sunday I'll get to try it out. I mixed some fresh 93 octane with Stihl Ultra mix in a brand new can just for this event! It has been a long time since I bought a new saw... and I've never personally owned a "REAL" saw although I've run some that belonged to friends (I've only had my little 021 Stihl and then some freebies I got running and gave away to friends) .

This evening I also bought a bunch of stuff from Bailey's. It's like Christmas on Holloween!

jred1.jpg

jred2.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent choice both in the saw and the dealer neither one will let you down.

Best of luck with your new saw! Now go forth and make some chips and noodles fly! You may want to bring a hammer with you to break the big grin off your face after you run her for the first time (and pretty much every time after as well).

Congrats! :cheers:

Excellent choice both in the saw and the dealer neither one will let you down.

Best of luck with your new saw! Now go forth and make some chips and noodles fly! You may want to bring a hammer with you to break the big grin off your face after you run her for the first time (and pretty much every time after as well).

Congrats! :cheers:

+1

Happy sawing!

I have one, bought new, a red 372. Great saw, but like any saw, bolts and screws rattle loose, keep an eye on them. Especially the chain brake ones, it will unscrew, it and the sleeve cost more than they should to replace, been there. Other than that, have fun.:cheers:

I think Spike mentioned the other on the shelf was for you... no? :clap:

That other saw on the shelf is the 2153.

After buying a 2171 from Spike I went back four weeks later and bought the 2153.
Four more weeks down the road I've used the 2153 more than the 2171.

This is just the perfect two saw plan!

Congrats on the saw. At Spike's gtg I saw the very same model and suddenly dropped my plans to buy a new Stihl. Just a few more pennies saved and i'll be visting spikes shop too.

Back