Picked up a Homelite Super Wiz 66, need some info b4 I sell

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick_o_connell

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just picked up a Homelite SuperWiz 66 chain saw. This thing is massive! I was wondering if you guys know any particulars on this model, like how many cc's, original selling price?

I bought this from a local city auction, and was told it was barely used and stored for many years. Which seems to be pretty accurate, had to clean out the carb and rebuild it. But it runs like a beast now :chainsaw:

And it's dam clean to boot! I want to post a pic but it ask's for the URL and I don't have it posted online :( Oh well, I'll find a way and post it up soon.

Any info you guys have would be appreciated, I'd like to know what I have and how much it's worth before posting it up for sale.

Thanks in advance!

~Rick

The saw is a 4.7 cubic inch. It has a gear drive and uses 90 wt. gear oil in the gear box. The saw is manual oil only. Uses 1/2 inch pitch chain and cuts like a bear. Can't stall it. I have always run Super Wizzes (some with bows and some with bars). Love the saw and am always looking for another 66.

SWEET! I know it's a bear, I had to wear ear plugs to crank it up, this thing is loud! The compression is un-believeable, have to use my foot to hold it down while starting it! I'm gonna put a compression tester on it out of curiosity.

I'll be posting it up for sale soon, haven't decided if I'll post it up here or on ebay. If you're interested send me a message, I have a bunch of saws I need to move sooner or later.

~Rick

<A HREF="http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/410b99038150662288256c26004631ac?OpenDocument">Here</A>

Latest posts

Back