Picked up my new Super Splitter this morning!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bass_on_tap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Met Paul from Super Splitter at his shop at 7am, loaded it up and headed home in time for work.
I took some pictures while it was still new as it won't stay this pristine for long.
Basic "J" model, 4 1/2hp Subaru Robins engine.

983419041_ACFp9-X2.jpg

983419021_QCKGA-X2.jpg

983419097_6Qm5w-X2.jpg

983419057_dwrG8-X2.jpg

983419080_Whaod-X2.jpg

983419356_4B9Ma-X2.jpg

Nice One.. Congrats..

I just showed the wife a video of one on youtube.. "why didn't we get one of these, why are you wasting your time trying to fix one!?"
Awsome..

Hey! That looks just like mine! :) Nice to have it come fully assembled.

I just showed the wife a video of one on youtube.. "why didn't we get one of these, why are you wasting your time trying to fix one!?"
Awsome..

That sounds a lot like "permission" to me :rock: Get on the phone first thing in the AM!

i was wondering how they engaged the ram, do they just pull the gears together to go or is there a clutch set up.

The clutch on the motor, is really just to disengage so you can crank it. To operate the ram, just pull up on the handle and the rack gear is forced down on the rotating pinon gear, then the ram shoots out :jawdrop: :D

thanks sunfish thats what i was wondering. i guess i just thought it would strip the gears to slam them together over and over again while one is spinning. kind of like just trying to slam the gear shifter in my truck. obviously it is not the same thing at all since they work well on the splitter.

Congrats of the SS

Looks Great!! I had a chance to see one of the older ones working over the weekend. The green oak and hard maple cut like butter... Seems like the fresh cut logs split the best. This old boy does about 15 full cords every year and hasn't had any troubles with it. I was impressed..

Like MN 'Big'uns said... Keep is sharp like a knife...

Looks just like mine too.
The instructions gave a max RPM for both engine and flywheels. I'm guessing it was mentioned and has something to do with gears meshing.
I learned a thing about the SS the other day. When you want to stop the ram don't push the lever down all the way or else it starts rattling, just bump it to the first notch.
:cheers:

If I ever get a splitter I believe the Super Splitter would work great on this Alder I cut. Probably get by with their most basic model just fine.

Congrats on the fine machine:clap:

Bass that is a fine machine sir. If you dig into getting the covers off can you post some pics? I'm interested in the inside mechanics of it. Plus I would like to see if I can possibly make one myself with some heavier flywheels.:greenchainsaw:

Nice machine but I do notice you used your garage for storage of the wood? I never even thought about that... Going to measure my 2 car garage now. :) Dont you get spiders and bugs and ticks inside the house though??

Latest posts

Back