Picked up the new saw today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute. I know I get confused easily, especially following you around in ALL of these threads, but you go to New York, you're doing a charity cut and you get to buy a new saw? You have to slow down and give a class here so dummies like me can try the excuse you used on our wives.
It just so happened that Spike60's shop is only a hour away and I was going to get a new saw from him anyhow.

I can't get my wife to stop and go in any junk yards on our trips that we pass right by, let alone drive an extra hour for a chain saw! Probably why I am one of those spur of the moment, bulk purchase guys!

I'll be interested to hear when you find yourself reaching for the 550xp over your new 562xp! Or if you ever do reach for it again for that matter ;)

I bet that new autotune is nice..I've been wanting a 576xpat, but..need to find (re:save up the loot, part way there now) a diesel engine for the bigger truck and an engine for my wheel horse first. By then hopefully the new 572xpat or whatever the heck the number winds up being will be out and first reviews in...

Took a ride down to Kingston today with my wife and daughter. Had some great sushi then headed over to @spike60 's shop to pick up my new saw. Bob has some amazing Husky and Johnny saws in his personal fleet that would make any swede saw fan drool. Had a great visit and finally got to lay my hands on my new saw.

The "pretty" bar I ordered wasn't in yet before I left on my trip so I'll be running the bargain bar out here tomorrow and testing out the Rotary brand chain I scrounged up.

View attachment 486355 View attachment 486356
Nice saw! Congrats. I like the bar;)

Nice saw, looks you drank the Autotune Kool Aid and liked it! I have heard they will pull a 24" bar quite well in hardwood if need be. But I imagine they rip with a 20".

Nice saw, looks you drank the Autotune Kool Aid and liked it! I have heard they will pull a 24" bar quite well in hardwood if need be. But I imagine they rip with a 20".
Had mine buried in white oak today with a 24". First time I used full comp on it. I liked it better than skip chain. It was smoother and faster. IMHO

I was amazed how quickly it cut with the 20" and round ground full chisel in hardwood. I can only imagine how it is going to cut with a loop of square file on the 16" bar I have at home.

Regarding the AT, I'm a pretty happy camper. The only minor issue I've had was when I was cutting a lot of tree top piles, my 550 seemed to load up a little because it never operated at wot for more than a few seconds. Cleaned right up when I worked up a few bigger trees.

AT does sense when oil ratios change too. I went from 50:1 to 32:1 and it took a minute to get it running real smooth. But that means it's doing its job.

Latest posts

Back