"pickin hole" saws, what should I pay for them?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Reaction score
Ok guys so I went out to the "picken hole" the other day and took a look around. I don't know what these saws are worth on the open market so thought I would get opinions on what they go for. I already spoke with a couple fellow ASers but more info is always better! List is below and on average the guy probably has $35 in them. Let me know your thoughts. Sorry didn't have time to check spark but I did check the cylinders since that seems to be the main i face with these...

1.) Pioneer/Partner S50 (hes got 4 of them) Model Profile: S50

2.) Pioneer/Partner S65 (pretty good cylinder) Model Profile: S65

3.) Pioneer Farmsaw (x2) (1 good cylinder)
Model Profile: Farmsaw

4.) John Deere 80V - Looks to be a good cylinder but wouldn't turn over and after removing muff cover looks to have been sitting in water for a while. Cylinder locked up but piston looks good through the exhaust port. Can you get bottom end parts for these still?

5.) Wright 104 (similar to poulan micro 25) (good cyldinder and compression)
Model Profile: 104

I can probably pick up any of 1-3 for $50each and #5 for $30ish... #4 not sure...

yeah some fix and flip... I might have bought a the Farmsaws to use as parts on my PP665 and P52

yeah some fix and flip... I might have bought a the Farmsaws to use as parts on my PP665 and P52

Then these saws will likely not be the best to get a good return on for your time and efforts. They are more suited for collectors or those few that just once in a while enjoy running old vintage saws. Partner saws have been out of the mainstream for a long time, gobbled up by Husqvarna or one of their many arms or associated companies. Parts are getting harder to find for them, most shops won`t service them at all and the average Joe buyer don`t even know who Partner was. Your buyer base is very much limited by this so it would be more likely a special interest individual that would want to buy these makes of saws.

Back