Pics of a Big Thuja Plicata!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1I'dJak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Big ol' Red Cedar were were working on....That's my foreman with both his 12 and 18' flipline joined together....Impressive tree...although this one wasn't actually climbed....we were removing some trees that were leaning into it...

Big ol' Red Cedar were were working on....That's my foreman with both his 12 and 18' flipline joined together....Impressive tree...although this one wasn't actually climbed....we were removing some trees that were leaning into it...

Somehow, I just don't think that saw in the first pic 9what is it, an 011 or 021) is going to cut it. Even with a super double-secret probation boring back-faced extra special plunge cut... :biggrinbounce2:

what a poser!
lol!

You come on up here boyo, and me and Jak will show you some big trees. When you are blowing off a top at 180', you will know. I have climbed a few that my 18' steelcore would not go around, had to use my climbing line as a lanyard untill I could use my steelcore, and throwing it around and catching it is easier said than done. I beat a bar wrench into the tree with my saw, climbed around, threw my steecore, then climbed back around to get it, where it was caught on the wrench. This was windfirming, not removing, in riparian areas.

I wasnt havn a go at Jak, just havn a laugh coz his foreman threw his belt around the tree for a pic, i wouldve done that too!

Ill be working in canada / US later next year so maybe we can go pose under some big trees together?

I wasnt havn a go at Jak, just havn a laugh coz his foreman threw his belt around the tree for a pic, i wouldve done that too!

Ill be working in canada / US later next year so maybe we can go pose under some big trees together?

No big deal, I though you were mocking Jak. I moved away from the big trees to the interior of the province, just pecker poles here, 120' is a tall tree. The real big trees are on the coast, even some of the second growth is big.

wow that is a big thuja! i thought this one i took down was big ....in comparison i very much doubt it.
Image011-2.jpg

Last edited:
speaking of posing, one day I'd like to get a picture of me lying in the undercut....probably would have to go pack gas for a faller sometime to do that...but it'd be awesome...I'd make sure I had a big mustache, some old timey wool pants with suspenders....and i definelty wouldn't smile...make sure the pic was in grainy black and white too!

Back