Pics of my free wood.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSP

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My friend who lives a few houses down from me owns a small saw mill and cuts all hard wood.Mostly rock maple and yellow birck and a small amount of ash and elm.I leave my trailer there and he dumps the slabs(don't know what you guys call them)on the trailer and I pick it up fully loaded.Got about 6 cords from him this past fall.
haulinginthewood.jpg

016/haulinginthewood028.jpg[/IMG]

haulinginthewood029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a pic of half the woodpile.IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/guinness_016/haulinginthewood041.jpg[/IMG]
haulinginthewood041.jpg

IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/
haulinginthewood.jpg

guinness_016/haulinginthewood.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone tell me how to make my pictures a little smaller from photobucket.thanks.

Last edited:
free wood is good wood, Im burning pine right now from a local pole company going for $:greenchainsaw: 10 a ton

my 2 favorite wood types oak and free[or at least cheap]

free wood is good wood, Im burning pine right now from a local pole company going for $:greenchainsaw: 10 a ton

my 2 favorite wood types oak and free[or at least cheap]

We call them slabs from the logs after they're cut at the mill.Is that what you call em?

I LOVE FREE WOOD EVEN WHEN IT's NOT MINE!

Yes it's always nice to see people get free wood with the price of oil. I've been gettin this wood from him for a few years now.This past year was by far the best.I got about 6-7 cords and my father got about 3.The slabs burn much quicker in my wood boiler than my regular wood I cut every fall , but I can't complain right, it's FREE.

I burned a bunch of the slab wood this fall, it was all pine, It was a two man job to cut it up and make anytime at all. It burned well, too well actually, my waterford does not have much a firebox, so it was load wood, sit down, get up, load wood, repeat...

Can someone tell me how to make my pictures a little smaller from photobucket.thanks.

Can't tell you how to do photobucket specifically, but the easiest thing I have found to do for internet ready photos is to just set my camera back to its lowest resolution and take a few.

Free wood is good wood. :cheers:

started cutting some of my oak slabs today just cut to length, split once and stack, some of that stuff would make nice lumber:)

Back