pics of my new log truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neighborstree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
here ya guys go, shes not so new. not so old. lol. its a 93 chevy 7500 3126 cat diesel with 75,000 miles. alison automatc. 21 foot long dump body. bought her on ebay for 18,600. needs a little paint

Looks like a good buy.....we are looking into a new log truck right now, and they are not cheap new!

no, not cheap at all. i mean for the price i bought it for im not complaning, i just cant wait to put it to use. im like a kid on christmas morning who cant wait to ride his new bike lol

Nice truck. good luck with it man. what is the GVW of the truck and how much can weight can you pick?

and ya, new knuckleboom trucks aren't cheap. I priced one out not too long ago. 2007 Sterling 9513 with Prentice 124 at $160,000. Needless to say, its still not parked in my lot.

the gvw is 31,000. and im not shure what it will pick up. not enough !! i tried to pick up a prentice f90 boom with the f90 and it wouldnt do it, it was tippin the truck on its side lol. but along with the truck i bought 2 extra prentice f90 booms for 500 bucks each. not to be mean but the guy who i bought the stuff off of knew nothing about nothing., the 2 booms i bought are worth 12,000 each. and i bought them both for 1000 bucks lol.

the gvw is 31,000. and im not shure what it will pick up. not enough !! i tried to pick up a prentice f90 boom with the f90 and it wouldnt do it, it was tippin the truck on its side lol. but along with the truck i bought 2 extra prentice f90 booms for 500 bucks each. not to be mean but the guy who i bought the stuff off of knew nothing about nothing., the 2 booms i bought are worth 12,000 each. and i bought them both for 1000 bucks lol.

It's a good thing you came across that truck before I did..LOLOL.
I'm a little confused about what you said about trying to pick up another f90 boom and kept tipping the truck.....Was this with the outriggers down??..I'm not sure what those things weigh,but it doesn't seem like it would be enough to tip the truck...I have loaded some very big logs with mine and had no trouble at all.

i bought 2 other f90 booms and the truck., i coudnt load them. tooo heavy. they were tippin the truck to the side. not bad. but i didnt want to distroy my new truck lol. so now im going to have to have them delivered up here.

if anyone knows a hauling company who will have a boom on a tractor trailer who can load the booms on a flatbed and deliver them let me know

the guy who i bought it from also has a nice kenworth with a prentice 120 boom its a triaxle i think he only wants 25,000 if interested let me know

Nice truck, it would fit my interests well.

What are the associated costs and requirements with running equipment of that sort?

What is the difference between private use and business/independant contractor use?

Thanks.

Nice truck. good luck with it man. what is the GVW of the truck and how much can weight can you pick?

and ya, new knuckleboom trucks aren't cheap. I priced one out not too long ago. 2007 Sterling 9513 with Prentice 124 at $160,000. Needless to say, its still not parked in my lot.

Wow, I didn't realize they were that expensive. Was that with a rolloff included or something?

here ya guys go, shes not so new. not so old. lol. its a 93 chevy 7500 3126 cat diesel with 75,000 miles. alison automatc. 21 foot long dump body. bought her on ebay for 18,600. needs a little paint

Do you know who built that body?

Is that a 24 cubic yarder? Has low sides, but with 21 ft length you could probibly get 24. Looks like an old trailer body with those straight sides. What kind of hoist?

no idea who buolt the body, it hold about 20 yards. maybe more. im going to build the sides up 2 more feet and take off the tacky wood. twin piston hoist

Back