PIcs of my new toy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
372XPguy

372XPguy

ArboristSite Lurker
here's my new baby, should be a good addition to the 066 and the 2077 Jonsered :msp_laugh:

CHAINSAW038.jpg

CHAINSAW037.jpg

CHAINSAW036.jpg

edisto

edisto

Spelling/Reality Check
just did the muffler mod today. i'll have pics of that soon....when i rebuild it next winter i'll be woods porting it and making it into a big bore >:)

Nice. I'm tearing down a 372XP for a friend that salvaged it from his house fire. Tried to check the squish with .036" solder and it didn't even register, so I'll be dropping the jug a bit and doing a muffler mod. No porting on this one, because all I'm really supposed to be doing is cleaning it up...

cat-face timber

cat-face timber

Knot Bumper
Nice looking saw.

BUT....
The Bar is wore out so you will have to send me the entire saw so I can dispose of it for you safely.

Just kidding,

Great looking saw!

edisto

edisto

Spelling/Reality Check
aaaawwwww come on now, whats the fun in that?:msp_lol:

Checked the closeouts at Bailey's because I was picking up an unlimited coil for the 372, and found a deal on heavy duty felling dogs for the 372. The link is HERE. Thought I'd toss those on for him as well.

edisto

edisto

Spelling/Reality Check
What is the difference between "porting" and "woods porting"? I really don't know. Thanks in advance!

Porting is porting. As far as I can tell, the idea behind "woods" porting is that you are putting together a work saw, so you are porting for a box muffler, and not an expansion chamber, and keep more of an eye towards reliability (narrower port widths, etc).

372XPguy

372XPguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Checked the closeouts at Bailey's because I was picking up an unlimited coil for the 372, and found a deal on heavy duty felling dogs for the 372. The link is HERE. Thought I'd toss those on for him as well.

funny you mention that, i actually bought the big 5 prong felling spikes from them and put them on a few days ago, this baby is starting to look serious haha

Latest posts