Pictures From the Woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still like Dennis's pic the best!
Roger, I think you should take some lessons from Dennis so you can improve your picture taking ability.

Creep/Pal/puke/Rick:D

You're so right, pal rick....Dennis and his whales and all...what a pro!!

Thanks, Doug, and yep. It is pretty good, I'm using it more and more in manual mode, as per all my other cameras....

Hi BRB Tree, what's happening, are you still on holidays? However nice your pictures are, what do they have to do with bush pictures?
Eat my Sawdust!
Gypo

No thanks, just had some of me own...koff koff...darned aggressive hand saws anyhow...or mebbe its the popeye forearms....

Hey, go back to sleepin' with that doggy 088...by the way, what happened to those 4 horsies.... it wuz 22 last time, you kill 'er alreddy???

vacation....I wish....Is it snowin' up that way yit??

You want bush, i'll show ya bush, buddy...and thistles, stinging nettles, blackberries, thimbleberry, skunk cabbage......and steep, man , you'll need a rope, or three...of which i might have a spare.....frayed one....

Umm, the B in BRB does not stand for bashful...

Well, tall old ships are made of wood, gyro......ya creep....

Here's one, the Wawona, built in 1897. It has been sitting in Lake Union for 15 yrs, slowly being restored. They need over $1 mm total, only $90 k has been spent so far. It used to be able to haul full length logs. It had a hatch in the back to winch them right in.

I'll go back and get some better pics, including one of the old rusted hand windlass that they used to winch the logs aboard.

bRB

Last edited:
Hey Roger the tree dodger, speaking of ships here is an original painting by Art Martin. Sorry about the glare on the left.
Gypo

bet I know what it is reflecting off....

a Canadian company, CRTCF on Nasdaq, could help......

Nice painting... I'm enjoying all of Art's pics and prose immensely. Wow, and he is an artist too!! As good with the brush as with a file for sure...

I gave Dennis my copy of "This was Logging", and must get another. I have a great book from 1975 on PNW logging I will show you if i see you in October.

Oh I get it now Freak Show, you are drawing reference to my bald head again. Well I got news for you, I was told that if I spread preperation H all over my bald head then it would grow back, but if thats the case wouldnt my arse be sprouting a pony tail?
Anyway, I will hit you with so many books you'll think your in a Library.
Gypo

Oh I see, now your beating up my pictures! Well Doug, you high tech redneck, all I can say is that chainoil, sweat, sawdust and rain on my Carl Ziess lens doesnt do much for my depth of field, but I hear ya bro.
The Gypster

Hey whats all the buzz about?

Cut in to this hollow maple this spring and found a honey of a surprise....

Sawnut...

Seth,
It wouldn't surprise me. We feed 'em sugar water for direct conversion to glucose I suppose. They certainly would have to have one of the highest metabolisms of any living creature because they spend so much time in the air. More BTU/lb than a big Ken Dunn race saw!

Back