Pictures From the Woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug...I am shocked!! You??!! Beveraging??!! Who'd a thunk??
Anyway boys..I am gone to the lake again today for some more abuse from my jetski....after I finish rolling the hay on the field...hopefully some good crash pics...lol...

-never underestimate the impossible

Dennis,
Did you say you were going to take a roll in the hay? Who with?

John,
Hate ta break the news to ya, bro, but you haven't seen me sober yet. If it weren't for the pictures and verbal anecdotes from Clearwater, I could probably pass a lie detector test if I said I'd never been there.

By the looks of that picture it seems like you really have been more than busy in the bush lately. Good work.

saws ok

Hello Sawnut,
Well it looks like the saw is ok. The way it works is you fall the tree with the saw and haul the wood in the tractor bucket. LOL
Ken

Hi Ken,

Yes your right. I usually do that. I thought I had all the roots cut off on my side. A couple of the guys said I had a funny look on my face pushing that tree over and getting the tractor stuck.

The remedy was to cut the tree off ahead of the bucket, and back off the same way I got on. It worked.

I'll post some more boo boo's as I make them. Hopefully not for a while, hehe...

Has anyone ever cut into a bee hive? Luckely these were just some friendly honey bee's. They kind of got hot when the 051 cut down the center of comb though.

We had honey for weeks.

Stuff in Logs

Sawnut
Hi, never hit bees with the chainsaw ,hope I never do my body doesn't react to bee stings very well so if I ever do I will be picken em up and seten em down in the other direction.
I run the Head rig at Wieland & Sons lumber Co. WI Plant. I have hit about every thing imaganable(dead blooted coons,dead cats,bumble bees,nails, tree stand spikes,glass insulaters,porsolin insulaters, maple syrup taps and not so bad fence wire.We are upgrading next year from circlesaws to Bandsaws with the price of stumpage now days we have to reduce our kerf and I know we will have whole log metal detectors by then,for the bandsaws.
moon2.gif

Hi Sawnut, that is a classic picture. How did you get the tractor off the tree? Did you throw water on the two of them? Glad your regenerating the woods.
Gypo

Who is Doug Babcock?

Hi there, I was glancing thru the Manchester newspaper and found this picture. Is Doug who we think he is, or is he a chicken plucker?
Gypo

Back