Pictures of my new push blade for the 7015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAASTUMPSERVICE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
1341921793.jpg

1342484955.jpg

1342487105.jpg

My buddy built this for me, works great for pushing chips away when doing large 6' diameter stumps or larger. He made it out of scrap so it was cheap and the blade isn't extremely rigid so I feel that would bend before I hurt anything anything in the machine. Makes clean up a whole lot easier on the big ones!

Last edited:
How in the heck do you get the cutting wheel down to ground level, and below, with that blade bolted on there???
I do not see any kind of hinge to get it up out of the way.
Jeff

How in the heck do you get the cutting wheel down to ground level, and below, with that blade bolted on there???
I do not see any kind of hinge to get it up out of the way.
Jeff

I just bolt it on half way through a large stump or at the end of grinding...to push away all of the chips so I have a clear shot at the stump to finish grinding or to clean up after grinding. I wanted a blade that you could slide on real quick and put a pin in to hold it on But this is the way it came back to me from my buddy and it only takes a minute to bolt on. So it's a big time saver on the big stuff.

ghetto fab is correct, thats the most idiotic thing ive seen in a long time.
it could of been hinged. or even fabracated to slide into a reciever tube for a 15 second removal rather then 20 minutes taking bolts on out on the job,.

Carlton makes one that slides over the end - goes on and off in seconds. I know they make it for the SP4012 - I assume they do for the SP7015 as well. I think it is a few hundred bucks.

ghetto fab is correct, thats the most idiotic thing ive seen in a long time.
it could of been hinged. or even fabracated to slide into a reciever tube for a 15 second removal rather then 20 minutes taking bolts on out on the job,.

I know it's not the best setup out there...I know their are blades that slide on 7015's or other machines that come with push blades... But I'm doing just fine with this setup. My buddy made it for me and I'm happy with it. I've only used it once for a job with 5' + dia. stumps grouped together which made a huge chip pile...so if it takes a few minutes to get the blade on to get all the chips cleared out of the way to get the stumps down to where they need to be then that's what it takes.

I'm staying busy and making the best $$$$ this summer so I wouldn't change a thing. $904 is my best day so far and that was working 3 jobs for a total of 5 hours. Finished one job and my customers neighbor grabbed me for a few stumps... then finished that job and his neighbor wanted one taken out...Not so ghetto!

Don't like to jump on the wagon but, I agree with the others .It's a nice piece ,except the mounting.
It looks like you could make a hinge in place of the top bolts and then have the 2 lower holes use a pin and clip. If it was set up like that ,you could use it for every single stump and that would be a great time saver.
I know because I made one for my 252 from the existing safety hoop bar thing.It fols up out of the way when grinding and rest just before the exhaust.I made the blade from expanded metal so it wouldnt obstruct my view of the stump while cutting.I posted pics on the site a long time ago but can't remember where.

I understand not wanting to hurt the feelings of the guy that made it for you .Wait a few weeks and then just ask him if he could make it hinge so it would be even more gooder.

Latest posts

Back