Pine Sap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McTreeHouse

Reaction score
Have cut down several Pine trees (Georgia) about 3 weeks ago to use in building a treehouse for the kids. Have ordered a log wizard to debark and notch the trees with (can't wait!). I have noticed that the trees are still really sappy where I cut limbs, etc and am wondering if I am about to have a sappy mess on my hands when I start to debark and notch these trees. I am hoping to get started on this project as soon as I can, but am wondering if you are supposed to let the trees "dry out" or anything before working with them.

Thanks!!

rubbing alcohol is probably better on your skin than K1, and also removes sap
-Ralph

Boards change shape and size a lot when they dry. I used a semiseasoned 2x4, now my door sticks. Logs are going to shrink (and warp if they are not held straight as they dry?) too, as the water leaves them.

I tried some dead sea salt stuff from the mall the other day on cedar sap and it worked great.

Mayonnaise works great to remove pine sap from hands. The packs from the fast food restaurants are a good size.

It's the little nuggets of advice like this that keep me coming to this site....what I really want to know is how you figured this out! :rock:

what I really want to know is how you figured this out! :rock:
Dan was eating a sandwich one day and some mayo dripped on his sappy hand and Eureka!

this scientific discovery ranks just behing Archimedes' bathwater and Newton's Apple. Buy stock in Hellman's quick!

Latest posts

Back