Pinoak Limb on foot - Stupied Me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have't worn steel toes for 15 years or more... I just don' like the way they feel... and would never climb a tree with steel toes..... Not the right equipment for the job..
i ahve worn chaps on removeals from time to time... Some think that's overkill, but if nothing else they help keep your pants clean and are hardly noticeable while working.

Not to mention the way steels bleed the warmth from your toes in the winter.

: :Monkey: I used steel toes for years now boots with a hard plastic toe are great and still very warm in the cold

wow
we have talked about ppe all the time. have made lists of what you should have on diffrent posts.
I have bee climbing for 15 years now. The very 1st year i did not wear bullistic paints, Cut my knee, 26 stiches, flushing off a stump, wear them now every time now, and now body can work on my crew if they don't have them now . i will not even alow chaps on my crews.
But have all was wore steel toe boots, I guss it is By law that you have to wear them here in ontario,
the job stite is considered a construction site there for by law steel toe,hard hat, eye protection etc..
If you wear them all the time you don't even relize they are there .
play safe
as for being steel and being cold most steel toe boots here (90%) are not steel toe but composits (sp) . for that same reason of cold weather and heat in some plants

Lawrence

Latest posts

Back