Pins and bushing on a Carlton 7012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obwon

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Pins and bushing on a Carlton 4400-4

Has anyone changed the pins and bushings on the lift cylinder for a Carlton 4400-4? I think running greenteeth may have caused the wear because they are very aggressive. I am now using the revolution wheel from New River and it is smoother in the cutting, but I noticed movement in the pins. Do I need to get them fron Carlton or are they something I can find online? Also, do the bushing press out or do I apply heat and tap them out?

Speaking of greenteeth, I am going to sell my wheel with the greenteeth and do not know what its worth. I have kept it as a spare but I know I will not need it and I am sick of tripping over it. I will list it in the classifieds when I get an idea what it's worth. There is wear on the pockets but it is still very usable . I will try to add some pictures

Thanks, John

>

Last edited:
Need some clarification. Carlton doesn't make a 7012 I believe. It's either a 4012 or a 7015, which do you have? Pic's of wheel look big enough to be a 7015.

Stumper63

Stumper 63, crs is in effect. It is actually a one of the last model of the 4400-4 I have been told. If I order a drive V belt I have to order the longer one for a 7015. It also came with the newer poly belt sprocket. I will edit the title, Thanks, John

The carlton and rayco I have run the bushings all tap out. To re-install I squeeze them in a vise grip, and tap them in. The pins should just unbolt and tap out also. Some grease on all to reassemble. hope this helps.

The carlton and rayco I have run the bushings all tap out. To re-install I squeeze them in a vise grip, and tap them in.

Dadatwins, that is what I needed to know. I am having a problem finding the pins that would be an exact fit with the captive bolts. I may go with pins that are longer and held in with clips until I find the proper ones. Thanks for the help.

John

Latest posts

Back