Pioneer 2073 chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albinoguitman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, I just got my dad's Pioneer 2073. He bought it band new. I remember the sound and jingle from being a kid. Got a buddy to help me get it running after it not being run for over 30 years. Now my problem is finding the right chain. I think it's a 16" 3/8 .05 72 links but I'm having trouble finding a chain that fits and am afraid to make the wrong choice. I've heard the wrong chain can have major consequences. Thanks for the help

Are there any numbers on side of bar? And are there any numbers stamped on sprocket? .325, 3/8, or 298?
that saw could have various different chains. But I think original is the .298 pitch which is nla

I'll check when I get home. Spec I found online says 3/8" but it has 72 links and I'm pretty sure it's a 16" bar. Seems odd.

72dl sounds like 298 pitch
16" 3/8 is 60 and or 61 dl
325 is 69dl

I sent the chain with a buddy to have it sharpened he works with a local black smith that sharpens things. He asked if i wanted them to make me one. I said sure if they can. I haven't made it out to the garage yet, I just wanted to let you guys know whats going on.

Back