Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's like a 1073 or P25 you have to remove the lever in the rewind that pushes on the valve, but you can leave the valve in.

Exactly right, just take out that little wire thing inside the recoil.:greenchainsaw:

I didn't think a P28 was the same as the smaller P series? The air filter cover is way different...

1074,p26,p28 and some others should all take the same gasket kit, as well as the filter cover. I don't know what you have...got a pic???

My P-40 cut well last year, but even though I stored it with pre-mix, it needs some carb work now. Not drawing from tank. That one is temporarily retired..

Where can a guy get replacement black handle covering that goes on front handle tubes?

Thank You for the info.

I read on an older thread that putting this grip material in boiling water makes it easier to put on. Have you guys tried this method?

http://www.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=2380831&postcount=19

Not yet Brian, I have used the air pressure method, it works quite well but 2 guy`s are what make it work the easiest, one to control the air and the other to work the hose on.
I might try the hot water method the next one I do.
Pioneerguy600

Guys
What would be a fair price for a 600 that is complete and has compression, but won't run. I don't know anything about these old saws except that they look cool. The one I am looking at has most of the paint knocked off of it but seems to be all there, with a 30 inch bar. The guy is asking $125 for it. Would I be able to sell it for that if I get tired of looking at it?:cheers:

No problem if you sell it on eBay.
Pioneerguy600

name this pioneer please

I got this with a bunch of other saws and cannot find any model ??
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

thank you hope it shows up

I am going to go and probably buy the saw this evening. The guy who owns it said it runs but he put a carb kit in it and it doesn't run right.

I am going to take my compression tester with me. How much compression should a 600 have?:confused:

Good compression on a 600 series Pioneer should be between 125-145 on a cold saw, the higher the better though.
Pioneerguy600

Thank you that is very helpfull. I know a little about the newer saws but am in the dark about this big old beasts. I assume that pistons and rings are kind of hard to find.:cheers:

They can be found but its not real easy, most don`t want to use them for any amount of cutting due to the weight and vibes.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back