Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pioneer Farmsaw model MF.

I picked up a real nice Farmsaw last weekend at the Warrensburg NY yearly garage sale.The recoil is messed up,and I never worked on one like this before.Where can I get an IPL for it?A shop manual?
Thanks.

Ruunners,Stihls;MS180 032AV,034AV Super,MS361pro
Huskys; 340,3120.
Echos;CS 302 x2,CS3450
Projects;TO MANY.

are there any factory cylinder upgrades for a 620 . from what i read on the acres site a 800 cylinder might bolt on to make it 125cc.

Farmsaw model FM

Thank you Arrowhead for the IPL,at least I now know what is missing.Did all the Farmsaw models come with a chain brake?The manufacture date on mine is 1980,to early for a chain brake I think.I tried to find a link for the recoil starter,but was unsuccesful,will try again with different wording.

Try "farmsaw starter" as a search word. It is difficult at times to find stuff here, the thread is getting so large. Here is a pic I found.
attachment.php

Farmsaw

THANK YOU again Arrowhead,that picture was worth ten thousand words,I now know how the decompression link works and hooks up.I am missing the spring(?) that attaches/tensions to the recoil housing at the bottom. The black spur that engages the flywheel will not slip on the recoil side,I need to check for a burr or replace it.

Hello Ray if you go to the Poulan parts site, and preface the Pioneer part number with 507 (Pioneer Decomp Lever 432130 becomes Weed Eater 507432130) many parts are still available. Starter spools and coils are long exhausted darn it. Good Luck
Lou

Last edited:
Yippie

got new saw today a 3071 electronic?
20" bar good tidy honest saw runs well very loud lol photos coming

Pioneer Parts?

Anybody know where I could get parts for a Pioneer Holiday 1100W? I am trying to find the lock nut for the clutch side and a clutch cover in good condition.

I had to put a new rope and grip on it. Also just replaced the fuel line and it runs good so far. Tried to cut wood but the chain needs to be sharpened. This saw hasn't been running in years so I am waiting to see if new gas is going to destroy the diaphragms in the carb.
I painted a few things on it and got it cleaner than it was.
100_6152.jpg

Thanks to Reading through these posts I have a fully working , reliable pioneer s620. A full strip down and re build, but it was a tiny bend to the metering lever that made all the difference! It just took till a couple of pages ago to realise it! So thank you all but esp. Mr Myers.
Now I just need to know how to use it safely.
Nic. :chainsaw:
I don't think there's too many of these old saws running in the uk, but there is one more now!

Thanks to Reading through these posts I have a fully working , reliable pioneer s620. A full strip down and re build, but it was a tiny bend to the metering lever that made all the difference! It just took till a couple of pages ago to realise it! So thank you all but esp. Mr Myers.
I don't think there's too many of these old saws running in the uk, but there is one more now!

That is very good to hear Nic. Welcome to the site and good on ya for all the effort to refurbish one of the big Pioneers.
Pioneerguy600

Qouting myself again but manyhobies put up the funniest youtube clip ever so I thought I would share it here.

Almost pee'd myself watching it.

><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q4hIVaXlaw4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed>

Mystery Solved...:givebeer:

Bahahahahahaha!

Stihl equipment is great, but those :censored: flippy caps!!!!

All our equipment at work is Stihl. They sometiems get stuck, and sometimes you think they're locked in, until you turn it sideways and out goes your tank of fuel all over the friggin place...

I laughed pretty hard at that video :laugh:

Welcome to ArboristSite. It's a great feeling to bring an old saw back from the dead. Jerry has been a huge help to me as well.

pioneer saws

I have a pioneer p-40 farmsaw and a pioneer 1110 saw aswell and i was wondering if they were worth restoring or just plain sending them on their way? im not sure on the age of either saw but they both run perfect

Back