Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a carb/fuel problem. I would get a rebuild kit for the carb and put new fuel lines and a new fuel filter in it. This has become standard operation procedure for me on any saw I revive because I got frustrated fighting goofy issues like that.

Me too. Good advice.

I recently put together a P60 from two different saws, and it is a screamer. Great compression, love the feel of the saw, and everything works. I would post pictures, but the poor saw needs a chain. I have a Pioneer bar for it, and it is an oddball. It is P/N 474652. 20" .404 sprocket nose, .058 gauge. First of all how many drive links should the chain be? My guess is 64..... Also, where the heck can I get this chain? I will pay top dollar for anyone out there who can make me a few loops of what I need.

I recently put together a P60 from two different saws, and it is a screamer. Great compression, love the feel of the saw, and everything works. I would post pictures, but the poor saw needs a chain. I have a Pioneer bar for it, and it is an oddball. It is P/N 474652. 20" .404 sprocket nose, .058 gauge. First of all how many drive links should the chain be? My guess is 64..... Also, where the heck can I get this chain? I will pay top dollar for anyone out there who can make me a few loops of what I need.

I think Jerry has a book that can tell you how many drive links you need. Pioneer bars all seem to take an odd DL count.

You can still buy .058 x 404, Baileys has it but it looks like only on reels. You might pm Grande dog to see if he has a suggestion.

Great saw. My next buy is going to be a 60 series.:msp_smile:

I may have a few loops of .058 .404 chain. I'll have to check. it will be slightly used though. Let me know the DL count you need.

I was looking closer at it, and I think I know why. It says "Made in Sweden" at the bottom. Must be a later Partner bar rebadged.

Yes, any of the bars with the 474 first digits were made in Sweden, strange that my Pioneer Partner book does not list the 20" bar in .404 , it starts at 24" and goes up from there. It does list all the lengths from 12" on up to 36" for 3/8 " pitch.

Last edited:
I may have a few loops of .058 .404 chain. I'll have to check. it will be slightly used though. Let me know the DL count you need.

General consensus is 64 links. Thanks for the help. This thing will be a race saw when it comes to 18" and under logs.

Thanks for all the help. A member who has the chain sent me a PM, and it looks like the bar will be revived.

Your bar number is in the book I have, it says 64 drive links. looking forward to pics of your project.
Kevin

OK after all the help, I figured that I at least owed you a sneak peek. Here are some shots and a short video. The handle bar is pretty fugly. If anybody has a nice one for sale I'm interested.

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid230.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fee274%2Fjmueller57%2Fchainsaw%2F013.mp4">

OK after all the help, I figured that I at least owed you a sneak peek. Here are some shots and a short video. The handle bar is pretty fugly. If anybody has a nice one for sale I'm interested.

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid230.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fee274%2Fjmueller57%2Fchainsaw%2F013.mp4">

Looking good. I'm also looking for a full wrap for my p51 project

I bought that saw cheap off of Ebay, and then I got another parts saw as well. There were a few things broken or missing, but the parts saw had everything except an air filter. I bought the bar separate.

I took off the muffler, and I could not believe how clean the piston was, looking through the exhaust. Piston looks brand new.

The thing was a total dirty mess. I cleaned it up a bit, put some gas in it, and it started on the second pull. I can't get over how easy it is to start. Easier than all my Dolmar's and all my Husky's

I bought that saw cheap off of Ebay, and then I got another parts saw as well. There were a few things broken or missing, but the parts saw had everything except an air filter. I bought the bar separate.

I took off the muffler, and I could not believe how clean the piston was, looking through the exhaust. Piston looks brand new.

The thing was a total dirty mess. I cleaned it up a bit, put some gas in it, and it started on the second pull. I can't get over how easy it is to start. Easier than all my Dolmar's and all my Husky's

Did you get that one recently for like 38 bux or whatever. I was watching it and dropped the ball. I also didn't have this p51 at the time but now could really use the saw.

Did you get that one recently for like 38 bux or whatever. I was watching it and dropped the ball. I also didn't have this p51 at the time but now could really use the saw.

That was the parts saw. Motor is siezed on it. Had a good clutch, flywheel, carb, intake boot. Haven't messed with it beyond robbing those parts.

The other saw I picked up for just over $100 I think.

Hey I don't think that I will have much need for what is left of it, so if you need something just holler.

That was the parts saw. Motor is siezed on it. Had a good clutch, flywheel, carb, intake boot. Haven't messed with it beyond robbing those parts.

The other saw I picked up for just over $100 I think.

Hey I don't think that I will have much need for what is left of it, so if you need something just holler.

I'm supposed to have a good p62 lower end coming my way so I can bolt my good p51 top end to. I'm gonna need a matching starter cover, clutch cover, dogs and a coil/flywheel

I'm supposed to have a good p62 lower end coming my way so I can bolt my good p51 top end to. I'm gonna need a matching starter cover, clutch cover, dogs and a coil/flywheel

No clutch cover, starter might need some work, but the rest is there. You only live about 2 hours from me. Let me know. I'm glad to help.

Back