Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will post pic's soon of my mint p26(allegedly) on the way as soon as I transfer funds

I just made a deal on a P26 with a guy in Nova Scotia that said that his dad only ran 2 or 3 tanks of gas through it. The pics support that statement. It looks brand new. I want it because I developed a passion while restoring a well worn P21. I just could not resist this new looking thing after that. When I get the new one I will post my own Pics. I don't want to post someone elses pics when I can't be sure they are real. I am betting $120.00 on this guy's word and the pics. I'll see and then you will see!
Meanwhile I am also restoring a Sears LT 8 that was in great condition except no brakes, sloppy steering, slipping band-aided throttle control, shot muffler, missing motor mount, cracked seat, wiring like an untrimmed bush and a few small rust areas and body cracks. Am fixing it all. Got some great advice on this site that changed my direction from bigger engine to better tires.

A crankcase, the whole wrap(top covers carb, and bottom plate.) and a ignition.
Like all saws, just need to figure what models will swap.
Thanks

Let me know if Ed fixes you up. I probably got some stuff here to help too.

Hmmm ... couldn't edit my post (#6195) at bottom of page 413 to add pics ...

Re: condition of new diaphram part in Tillotson RK-23-HS (carb) REPAIR KIT

You can see all the holes the diaphram stud punched in the plastic Tillotson bag, the invoice, the mailer, the external plastic pouch & Customs Declaration.

That part looks pooched to me ... what say ye all?

Kevin

P.S. how do you guys get ur pics to display in the body of the posts?

Last edited:
205364d1320242753-pb022425-low-res-jpg

Yeah, thats screwed. Bigtime.

BTW, I can make the pics show up, but I don't know if I can explain it.;)

Teddy, this about all I have for the smaller frame Pioneers. Most of my parts are for the larger P'S. The clutch cover is rough, somebody rivited a piece of alm. on the back. But it works and it's free if you want it. Pm me your addy.

IMG_4275.jpg

I just made a deal on a P26 with a guy in Nova Scotia that said that his dad only ran 2 or 3 tanks of gas through it. The pics support that statement. It looks brand new. I want it because I developed a passion while restoring a well worn P21. I just could not resist this new looking thing after that. When I get the new one I will post my own Pics. I don't want to post someone elses pics when I can't be sure they are real. I am betting $120.00 on this guy's word and the pics. I'll see and then you will see!
Meanwhile I am also restoring a Sears LT 8 that was in great condition except no brakes, sloppy steering, slipping band-aided throttle control, shot muffler, missing motor mount, cracked seat, wiring like an untrimmed bush and a few small rust areas and body cracks. Am fixing it all. Got some great advice on this site that changed my direction from bigger engine to better tires.

Sounds nice, can't wait to see it.

Is a Pioneer P40 anything special?

I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

66 cc's Aaron, heavy for the displacement, but simple as an anvil and built like a tank.

Asking that here is like asking a car enthusiast if a MG TC is anything special.
Lou

Well..............every manufacturer has good, bad, and great models. Where does the P40 fit in those three catagories? I'd have to drive an hour + each way. I already have a couple 70cc class saws (a strong running McCulloch PM700, and a Poulan 245A project that will be up and going this winter), and several 54-60cc class saws. I think the seller wants $100/OBO for it. The listing has expired for it, but I still have his #.

Last edited:
Well..............every manufacturer has good, bad, and great models. Where does the P40 fit in those three catagories? I'd have to drive an hour + each way. I already have a couple 70cc class saws (a strong running McCulloch PM700, and a Poulan 245A project that will be up and going this winter), and several 54-60cc class saws. I think the seller wants $100/OBO for it. The listing has expired for it, but I still have his #.

I wouldn't give 100$ for one unless it was in very very good condition. I gave 50$ for my P41 and the guy delivered it.

I wouldn't give 100$ for one unless it was in very very good condition. I gave 50$ for my P41 and the guy delivered it.

That's what I figured. Pretty much the same for most of the smaller Homelites and Macs I mess with. I only take longer trips and or pay more for "special" saws....

What bars do these P40 saws take? Just not sure whether or not I want to support yet another saw model, and throw $$$ and time towards it. The saw looked good in the pic, and supposedly runs well. He said it had a 22" b/C on it. Do these saws have AV? More importantly, do they have an intake boot? Sorry for the noob Pioneer questions. Not intending to insult anybody's sensibilities. Not many old Pioneer saws in my neck of the woods. Mostly Homelite, McCulloch, and some old Poulan.

What bars do these P40 saws take? Just not sure whether or not I want to support yet another saw model, and throw $$$ and time towards it. The saw looked good in the pic, and supposedly runs well. He said it had a 22" b/C on it. Do these saws have AV? More importantly, do they have an intake boot? Sorry for the noob Pioneer questions. Not intending to insult anybody's sensibilities. Not many old Pioneer saws in my neck of the woods. Mostly Homelite, McCulloch, and some old Poulan.

They take a D007 mount, which is NLA. A large tail Husky bar can be adapted in a few minutes with a good file ,however.

They have fairly good a/v actually. No intake boot or external impulse line. Reed valve. Either an SDC or a Tilly HS carb. No chain brake.

They are very good firewood saws, just a bit heavy for what they are, but I guess that's true of all the older, gooder saws.:rock:

P60 spring

Hey guys, I'm just finishing up restoring that beat up P60 I got from Oregon. Does anybody have a spare operator presence lever spring, or know where to get one. I've got a gray lever and it seemed like it was going to work, must be from a poulan/pioneer.
Thanks Kevin

Latest posts

Back