Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pioneer P35 Saws

DSCF1440_zps1e8a678c.jpg

DSCF1441_zps46d55a6a.jpg

The P35 saws are my favourite saws in my collection. I posted photos earlier in this thread and have found a bit more info since. I know of 5 other saws and have serial numbers from 3 of them. I would like to know the serial number from the saw in the Chainsaws a history book by David Lee. The lowest serial number I found is 1368815 and the highest is 1368874. I beleive the first half dosen saws were most likely prototypes or what they sometimes called breadboard saws. From the people I have talked to that worked at Outboard Marine they have told me they believe the test run was most likely around 200 saws.
The last saw I seen with the highest serial number xxx74 had a factory painted top cover like the one in the book by David Lee.
The P35 saw was very well built and had some new features. Upright cylinder was a completely new design. They are a hefty little saw. Several pounds heavier then the new stuff today with the same power.

Last edited:
2 nd trip to Wheeler's Chainsaw Museum

Me and my friend P62 - Jeff took a trip to see Vernon Wheeler again hope you enjoy
[video=youtube_share;PSp2894yDbw]http://youtu.be/PSp2894yDbw[/video]

I pulled the carb off my "new to me" P42HP and see that the intake manifold is cracked around the screw bushings,is this a problem?
:msp_confused:

Only if the cracks are wide enuff and extend to the outside to suck air. Both of my P-41s have minor cracks around the thread insert.

Just take it easy tightening the carb. screws.

Making the P-41 more geezer friendly.

Mounted a 15" Remington #L 2813 bar on the P-41. Drilled new dog holes and dremeled an oil channel. 8 tooth x 3/8" rim.

You have to slide the bar, chain, clutch drum and rim on, all at the same time.

Not exactly a climbing saw.

attachment.php

Mounted a 15" Remington #L 2813 bar on the P-41. Drilled new dog holes and dremeled an oil channel. 8 tooth x 3/8" rim.

You have to slide the bar, chain, clutch drum and rim on, all at the same time.

Not exactly a climbing saw.

attachment.php

Carl,

That P-41 is looking alot better in your hands than they were collecting dust on Mark's shelf.

Chris B.

Back