Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P26

All the ones I have are just numbers for the small P series. Any reason in particular why you need names? I think these saws are quite straight forward with parts names.

I can't find gas tank detail. I am having an issue with gas leaking out of the tank vent tube and am looking for some kind of a check valve in the line.
Larry

I'm not the right one to ask Larry.
I found 475489 on ModifiedMark's P26 IPL (same number on P26E), prefaced it with 507 (Poulan-WeedEater) and Googled. Jack's returned with obsolete part use 507432825 (it's also available at Bailey's). Jerry can give you a much more expert answer than can I.
Lou

I spent 20 years digging out hidden F-4C, D, E, G, RF parts on Air Force IPB(L)s. I got pretty good at finding obscure pieces.
Lou
Jerry, apologies. I hate you cannot edit without taking a hit!

In a nutshell...no,it must be replaced as a unit. I have not taken the time to try jury rigging one as they were and are still available so its just too easy to just replace a defective one. I am sure that something could be rigged up if there were no new replacements available.

Is this all there is?

I got P-41 #2 put together with the help of some parts saws from Mo.Jim. He is my neighbor just south of River City.

Came to the air filter and all is see is a very fine nylon mesh. Is there more to the filter than is shown?

attachment.php

Black splotch on it is were I used liquid tape on a 'run' in the nylon.

Carl, there should be a black rubber airbox. There are 2 styles, the one you have (need), and another (more common) that installs with a hose clamp. Your 655 should have the hose clamp style.

Carl, there should be a black rubber airbox. There are 2 styles, the one you have (need), and another (more common) that installs with a hose clamp. Your 655 should have the hose clamp style.

Yup, I know how that one works. Gets the flat diaper.

The boot/air horn clamp is a 28(?)mm Snap Lock available at my local hardware store B.T.W.:rock:

This is the style you need with that style filter.

Pioneer Farmsaw Chainsaw Air Filter Grommit | eBay

Bookmarked it. Thanks Ed.

Do it get the flat 'max flow' diaper in addition to the plastic screen deal?

Carl.

pioneerguy

Hi, I have the same iel ab model saw and need the tank for it. Any idea of where I might find on? I really want to get it running. It starts with one pull and a squirt of starting fluid. Also what is the mix for it? Please get back to me. Thanks

P-41 weak/intermitent spark.

Had #2 running for a couple long cuts in some hard maple. Near end of second cut the saw died and wouldn't restart.

Using a couple vice grips to get a good ground on the plug I see only weak or no spark on the plug. I did disconnect the kill switch.

What to do next?

Saw has a two piece ignition. A pickup module at the flywheel and a coil mounted on the frame. NOT the infamous 'blue coil'. Plug wire looks good, no pinched areas.

Had #2 running for a couple long cuts in some hard maple. Near end of second cut the saw died and wouldn't restart.

Using a couple vice grips to get a good ground on the plug I see only weak or no spark on the plug. I did disconnect the kill switch.

What to do next?

Saw has a two piece ignition. A pickup module at the flywheel and a coil mounted on the frame. NOT the infamous 'blue coil'. Plug wire looks good, no pinched areas.

Hmmm. I'm not an expert on these by any means, but I have never seen the two part ignition on these saws. I've had 3 farmsaws, 1 p40 and a p41, most with blue coils. Are you able to snap a pic of that one?

Hmmm. I'm not an expert on these by any means, but I have never seen the two part ignition on these saws. I've had 3 farmsaws, 1 p40 and a p41, most with blue coils. Are you able to snap a pic of that one?

I'll shoot a picture tomorrow in the daylight.

I did put the saw down on the floor to give it a good hard pull and the spark is better and more consistant. Typical of solid state ignitions.

I'm going to make a 3/8" drive adaptor for my 1/2" drill motor. That will bring it up to some speed. I can watch for shorts/leaks in the plug wire.

Maybe I'm just chasing a ghost.

Latest posts

Back