Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carb is rebuilt and ready for the new filter, which is on the way. I pulled the glass fuel bowl, the gasket was brittle so i was thinking I could use a correct size o-ring, thoughts? Also, do I need to remove 2 screws to get the base off or just the internal one?

The fuel bowl needs a flat gasket, original was made from cork, have seen them made from rubber. I doubt that a round O ring would stay in place when the glass bowl is tightened down. Remove both screws.

The fuel bowl needs a flat gasket, original was made from cork, have seen them made from rubber. I doubt that a round O ring would stay in place when the glass bowl is tightened down. Remove both screws.
+1 they [orings] don't.... btdt. rubber gaskets do, if they're a good copy...

+1 they [orings] don't.... btdt. rubber gaskets do, if they're a good copy...

Some types of rubber swell when subjected to contact with gasoline, some types work well. I stick with OEM cork ones but then I am known for being a stickler on using OEM parts for all my saws.

Are OEM parts for this old bugger easily available?
I have the old one on my bench but when I gently pulled it out it broke into pieces, same with the fuel line in the tank, very brittle.
The reason I was thinking oring is because all my Husky saws use them to seal the gas/oil caps and they've lasted pretty good for me so far.

I have the old one on my bench but when I gently pulled it out it broke into pieces, same with the fuel line in the tank, very brittle.
The reason I was thinking oring is because all my Husky saws use them to seal the gas/oil caps and they've lasted pretty good for me so far.

Avaliable? Yes. Easilyavaliable? No, but with some searching anything can be found. The glass bowls are still available either used or NOS and for fuel lines today its better to use Tygon or one of the newer line types that are resistant to Ethanol that is in most gasoline today.

I have a oem fuel line, still flexible. as was said yer better off w/tygon type stuff... I can send if u want it...

I can send if u want it...
I appreciate the offer, I'm sure I can find something local.

Thanks to everyone helping me get this saw in running condition. I have a spare glass bowl and recoil assembly, the chain is an original Pioneer but it is filed down to the max. Hope to get some time this weekend to get the base of the bowl off. Those flat head screws seem to be on there pretty tight.

id be interested in a bag if you were letting any go... have 4 saws that use those... 3 running, those have homemade in them...
Sorry, I don`t even have one full bag left now, just a few scattered ones among my spare parts I best keep for my own oldies. I put a new seal in each of my old saws as I got them out and running, took a pile of them.

Well gentlemen, I did something I usually don't do. I forgot to snap a few pics as I was disassembling. Can one of you please take a pic of the throttle linkage to the carb? Started putting it back together and hit that snag.
Filter came the other day, so I should be good to go once I figure this out. Also, what size chain is OE? This one is down too far.

Skilsaw 1645 / P.M. 340

How do the oiler work. Diaphram pump driven by crankcase pressure?
Reason I ask is the saw has set for over two years and this afternoon I figured to crank him up. Got him runnin' a spell (5-8 minutes) till the carb. was in the mood again. Been dry a long time. Went thru a spell of very dense blue smoke like it was sucking bar oil but then after a minute it cleared up. Cut a big cookie and ran/cut like a champ. Just normal exhaust of 32:1.
Blue cloud of smoke scared me.
Anyone got an IPL or operator manual?

Where did you find one? I have a Farmsaw and love it, been using it for about a year and last month the gas cap swelled up. I thought I had cross threaded it at first.
I got one from a member on the site, he's on this thread, not sure if he has any others try messaging P62. great guy to deal with and he ships out fast

Back