Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So perry got me thinking about my 650 and I have decided to give it a full resto. First question of I'm sure many...

Will this cank without counterweights work for the 650? I believe it's a 620 crank. My original has a few small pit lines from when the bearings sat for years so the new crank would go well with the new bearings and seals. I don't think I'll run it much but, you know. When I'm in there I figured why not. Pics soon of some progress......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 19
Well, she's all pulled down and getting the clean treatment. I've saved back a few parts from the pioneer shop pile for this saw and I think I have all I need except maybe a few small parts... Hers a small pile of cleaned or new parts I have ready to go. I had every part of a new carb including the body, except new choke and throttle flaps. Nimage.jpg
I bead blasted the saw body, but I apparently missed a few too many of the thousand crevices in these saws. It's getting a nice degreaser soak and we'll try that again tomorrow. I did find a few small breaks in the webbing so a little jb action will be in order. image.jpg
Lastly, if anyone has a pioneer frontier that's a showpiece, I have a nos case I'd like to trade away. I haven't had the heart to use it in case someone needed it. image.jpg

Pss, what's the deal with the 2 different shades of yellow? When did they switch or was it just a this color was cheaper or a different guy mixed it that month thing?

They're both 24s. The used one I actually have a 20 and 24" body for, but only one nose. I have a few small pioneer roller bars I've thought about trading off. Maybe I can find a swap.... The new bar is the only one of the speed rol bars I've seen. It's new old stock and is almost too nice to use. It might be the "shelf bar". I also have a few modern 28" pioneer mount bars to run on it... What size would be a max on this puppy?

Paint:)
5a664502cf7186ec29f1a276df411b3a.jpg

eceaa62e3c3df58d560c8dda68f30635.jpg

It has been a while since I was on here last. A long hard winter. I picked up this NU17 not long ago. It is in original condition. The saw has not cut much wood. I had a NOS bar for it and made up a new 404 loop for it. I will leave it the way it is.

Posting this one up for Jerry.

It has spark and runs. Ended up using a coil from a Pioneer 1200A. Points wouldn't cooperate so it has a Nova module for now till I can find some original Pioneer points. On the other hand it sparks so well I might just leave it this way.

Looking around after I had this coil working, I found some old style Johnson/Evenrude coils that look like might be a straight swap onto the Pioneer laminate. They even have the plug wire oriented the right way.

Going to let the paint cure up another week or two till we try it in the wood. It will also give me time to try to figure out something to make this rubber carb to airbox sleeve actually seal up. 100_8905 (Custom).JPG What a shame that setup was.

I have to give a big shout out to Cbfarmall for helping me get this one going.

100_8884 (Custom).JPG 100_8899 (Custom).JPG

Mark, I may have point s for it. I also have a parts saw. Do you have a pic of the coil handy? I have some downstairs....

I have a 400 here complete, a few nu17 parts saws, a 750 parts saw and lots of bits I'd like to move along. If any of you guys need some of it, pm me and we can work something out.

I also have a 3071, 1420, and a bunch of 1073s....

I have a 400 here complete, a few nu17 parts saws, a 750 parts saw and lots of bits I'd like to move along. If any of you guys need some of it, pm me and we can work something out.

I also have a 3071, 1420, and a bunch of 1073s....
any pics of 750? need starter cover. nu 17 primer button. dunno what else for 750 yet.

Latest posts

Back