Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posting this vid in the hopes that someone who has experience with the 600's could critique the tune on this saw or at least how it sounds to you. I'm a little hesitant to run it more because of the way it feels. I'm definitely inexperienced with this oldie. I've only cut about 3 times with it after it sat for 50 years! The H is set as the shroud recommended.
Just fyi, I do not have the correct shroud. I have the 4 small bumper, not the large 2 so the cover rattles a bit and I try to hold it still. I did oil the **** out of the chain before starting the cut.

OK! I'm confused, I picked up a 3270sc today and it has a choke instead of a primer? Did the super have a primer and the sc have a choke? Anyway, I don't see putting this saw together and am going to part it out, let me know if you are looking for a part. KZ

No confusion. SCs have a choke. Excellent saw.

Chris B.

Got a IEL Pioneer HB with a Tillotson MD-55B that floods. It looks to me like someone installed this choke butterfly wrong. Anyone familiar these?

649e00528cb19788a5d7c4fbc64fa1db.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

OK! I'm confused, I picked up a 3270sc today and it has a choke instead of a primer? Did the super have a primer and the sc have a choke? Anyway, I don't see putting this saw together and am going to part it out, let me know if you are looking for a part. KZ

My super 3270sc advertising brochure states the super has a manual choke.
Justin

That saw sounds awesome in person.

they do. have a few, especially like the ra & 600. got another 650, pretty original. may try ra muff on my "custom resto" 650.
pioneer 650 003.JPG

My super 3270sc advertising brochure states the super has a manual choke.
Justin

think the sc has choke. s=super, c=choke. mine is super, no "c". has primer.

IMG_0415.JPG

image.jpg View attachment 445391
Hello, I'm pretty new at AS but I picked up my first Pioneer today a p41hp it runs great, came with book that says run on 24:1 ratio with changes in today's oil should I stick with that ? Synthetic or not ?
Also chain brake spring is broke so looking for that and a gas cap (someone crossthreaded this one) if anyone has a parts saw? And or does anyone know what other saws caps interchange? Thanks

Latest posts

Back