Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New here, just acquired this 3270 and would love to see it run. Pulls over smooth. Choke is broken, where to begin for parts? Live in Northern BC, Canada.

Aha! Gave "the Hulk" (named the new old 3270) some fuel tonight down the hole, fired right up second pull! Now knowing this I'm going to order a oil pump plunger off eBay and a primer bulb from... Somewhere, lol.

Have any of you guys had problems with the spark plug wire backing off the spark plug while it's runnimg? I've got a near mint P42hp that I've been trying to run some and the wire keeps coming off.

Have you tried tried lightly crimping the end of the plug wire with a pair of needle nose pliers? I haven't had one like what you describe but I had a plug wire that was loose on a 41. A little crimp with the pliers and its been good for a long time now.

Have you tried tried lightly crimping the end of the plug wire with a pair of needle nose pliers? I haven't had one like what you describe but I had a plug wire that was loose on a 41. A little crimp with the pliers and its been good for a long time now.

I did try that but it didn't change it, I don't even see any metal inside the plug boot.

20151222_182016 (Custom).jpg Worked on my Pioneer 750 today. Never have been completely happy with the way it ran. Very inconsistent starting and hard to tune right. It let me down at Chris and I's GTG in July, wouldn't stay running. I noticed that the sediment bowl was not staying full at the time.

When I rebuilt this saw, the sediment bowl/shut off housing had a bunch of corrosion in it and it got sand blasted but I still had trouble with it afterwords.

The saw has set since the GTG and I acquired a better sediment bowl housing from Chris sometime ago to put on this saw to see if that fixed the fuel flow problem. It did but opened the door to more problems.

When I opened up the fuel petcock gas just started pouring out of the bottom of the carb. Had to pull the carb, yeah that PITA job on these....

The gasket on the plastic carb inlet had shrunk and was the cause of the leak. I don't remember but I think I used the gasket that came with the OMC diaphragm kit and it seems it wasn't thick enough. I ended up making a new gasket out of some 1/8" cork to solve that problem.

I decided to open the carb while it was out and I found the inlet needle very, very stuck. I got it out but sure didn't like the looks of the viton/rubber tip on it. I remember now that I bought a NOS needle and seat from Bryce when I done this carb, but it seems like even unused rubber parts can be bad when there very old.

I ended up using a later style HL needle from a Stihl type HL kit. The needle was too long but I ground it down to about the same length as the OMC needle. I put it all back together and so far I can't believe how much better it seems to run. Starts right up and the carb adjust easily and responsively. I'll take it to the woodpile tomorrow and if it runs like I think it will, I think I'll start likeing this thing much more now. If not its going to get a HL transplant.. :rock:20151222_182730 (Custom).jpg 20151222_175752 (Custom).jpg

Some where I had read referred to the plug contact as a 'leg spring'.
Well, it is a kind of spring and it do have a 'leg'.[emoji848]
View attachment 472434

Yours likely got lost when someone changed the spark plug.

Or maybe it's still there but hiding back in that foreskin. I think I've had that happen, at least on a saw.

image.jpeg image.jpeg Anybody have any leads on an inner cylinder shroud for the 600 series saws? I'm a thinking it's the last piece I need for my saw to be complete. I just picked up the carb and the top cover for my S 6-20. Just needing a shroud for the rebuild.

Love this forum.I have had the addiction since 1960 I was about five years old when my parents drove the 70 miles into Port Arthur Ontario Canada and my dad bought a used RA i was fasinated with that bright green model tag and the green round medallion.Dad cut alot of wood with it and then bought a used 600 I started out my wood cutting career with that the oil seal was shot and it would not idle so you kept working. Sad it got raped for parts still my favorite saw and I have lots of other brands.The only saw i ever bought brand new was a Husky 162 in 79 I still have it lots of hours on that saw cut thousands of cords of pulp.
I have a DA super pioneir yellow in colour runs good knew the original owner who bought it brand new,Also have a 67 Holiday the original owner cut hydro line right away winter of 68 runs good too. I bought it of him in 70 very hard on the ears and hands.
I found in a run down barn a model Hc looked like a ball of dirt cleaned up well looks low hour my nephew found a model Hb with early style Hl carb we cleaned his carb but when we were cleaning mine he blew air threw the seat and the inlet seat gasket and rubber piece vanished some where.
If someone has an Hl carb kit or the gasket and seat or needle and seat they would like to part with I will gladly pay the price I also need the rewind cup I think it wore out because the points were set at about 5 thou.
If any one has parts please let me know I have my USA orders shipped to 55605 Grand Portage Mn as the border is only 45 minutes away.
If I posted this in the wrong place I apologise as I am an old soul stuck in a high tech world.
Every time I see a 600 with the trees I go back in time when thinks were made well and a mans word was his bond. A 600 is number one on my list but I keep finding others I just cant live with out you guys understand Eh.

Thanks Kash

Latest posts

Back