Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul I've got a Farmsaw that's still running the original spur sprocket (474455). If it'll fit I'll provide a good home.
Lou
I tried to cross that PN with my Farmsaw without any luck. 507475081 is the replacement I get for the FarmSaw.
Oregon 68210 7-Tooth Standard 7 Spline Power Mate Rim Pitch , 3/8 is the mate for the the 507475081.

Lou,

I looked at the IPL I have for the Farmsaw and Farmsaw II and it didn't match what I had either. But, that doesn't mean it won't fit. I know it's too small for the P41 clutch because I checked. Are the Farmsaw clutches smaller than the 41's and up?

If you want to give it a try, send me a PM with your address. I'll throw it in the mail in a couple days. If it doesn't fit, I'll let you find a new owner.

Paul

I honestly don't know whether the FarmSaw is smaller than the P41. Let's wait a few minutes... Jerry (Pioneerguy600 and half a dozen others) will know.
Lou
It's 02:00 where you are, why aren't you in bed? That's where I'm headed. Good night.
I've got 8 years total at Luke... How's the weather near DM?

I honestly don't know whether the FarmSaw is smaller than the P41. Let's wait a few minutes... Jerry (Pioneerguy600 and half a dozen others) will know.
Lou
It's 02:00 where you are, why aren't you in bed? That's where I'm headed. Good night.

Sounds good, I'll bet you're right, someone will have the answer soon.

Its only 0100 here now but I've been a night owl for over 20 years. I'll wander off to bed in an hour or two and that'll be 2 or 3 hours earlier than the nights that I work. I've been told that sleep is very overrated. When I get some I'll let you know!!

The weather here is fantastic right now. We actually have some fall weather. High 50's at night and mid to high 80's in the day where I'm at, a little south of DM. It's nice because I'm getting tired of the summers. It's noticeably hotter up in Phoenix than here.

Paul

Thanks Tim.
I appreciate the offer Paul, someone that can actually use the clutch will pipe up.

Early 1971 I got to Luke, 73 got orders for SE Asia (Thailand), 74 returned to Luke until 79, then to NM for 6 years. The summers were always hard but were becoming brutal in Phoenix when we left.
Most of my career was second shift... Work until midnight, get home, eat something, relax for a few minutes and the next thing you know it's 04:00. Off to bed and sleep until noon. I hear what you say.
I worked every model of USAF F-4 Phantom (bent wing bug sucker) ever made, a few Navy and Marine models too. If I could, I'd do it over!
Again thanks for the offer.
Lou

Lou

Yes,the Farmsaw takes the same clutch and drum the bigger P series uses,#475081

Thanks Tim.
I appreciate the offer Paul, someone that can actually use the clutch will pipe up.

Early 1971 I got to Luke, 73 got orders for SE Asia (Thailand), 74 returned to Luke until 79, then to NM for 6 years. The summers were always hard but were becoming brutal in Phoenix when we left.
Most of my career was second shift... Work until midnight, get home, eat something, relax for a few minutes and the next thing you know it's 04:00. Off to bed and sleep until noon. I hear what you say.
I worked every model of USAF F-4 Phantom (bent wing bug sucker) ever made, a few Navy and Marine models too. If I could, I'd do it over!
Lou
F-4s were bad azz in their day. I have always admired that plane.

Brian

Thanks Tim.

Lou

That sounds like a very good career, thank you for your service.

They used to have a lot of the old F4's at the DM boneyard but I don't see them here anymore. I used to work with a guy that flew them out of Luke when he was in the service about the same time frame. Bob Lane was his name. Probably a lot of guys went through there but I think he was up there for quite a while.

Yep, Phoenix summers suck. Not as hot here south of Tucson but we did get to 115 this summer. It pretty much takes the fun out of doing anything outside.

I'm sure someone will come along needing some 1200 clutch drums.

Paul

I picked up a Poulan 405 yesterday and I believe it is the same as a Pioneer P39 - 65cc with de-comp. P&C very good but the bottom of the case is cracked and flexing which is bad news. I guess that would cause air leaks but not sure. Might just part it out, shame. This one made by EMAB out of Huron Park Ontario.

I have a Poulan 305 that is one of my go to saws, little buggers got power. Any chance that one of you folks is setting on a P51 with good handles? I've been hanging onto a 51 forever that needs all of the handles and maybe a carb (can't find it and don't remember what fits it). That or I need to put it up for sale to the person that has the parts.

I have a Poulan 305 that is one of my go to saws, little buggers got power. Any chance that one of you folks is setting on a P51 with good handles? I've been hanging onto a 51 forever that needs all of the handles and maybe a carb (can't find it and don't remember what fits it). That or I need to put it up for sale to the person that has the parts.

Are you looking for the handle meaning 1/2 or full wrap or are you looking for the lower portion that turns into the hand grip where the throttle lever is?

Someone has NOS full wrap handlebars on eBay for 20 bucks or so. The other handles are harder to find.

I found a new Walbro SDC 80 on line but they're proud of them, about 100 bucks.
Finding a good used one has proven to be more difficult.

The SDC 53 and 80's will work on the 51 and the Tillotson HS147 will also work. I'm sure there's others but those are the ones I have experience with working/fitting.

Paul

Are you looking for the handle meaning 1/2 or full wrap or are you looking for the lower portion that turns into the hand grip where the throttle lever is?

Someone has NOS full wrap handlebars on eBay for 20 bucks or so. The other handles are harder to find.

I found a new Walbro SDC 80 on line but they're proud of them, about 100 bucks.
Finding a good used one has proven to be more difficult.

The SDC 53 and 80's will work on the 51 and the Tillotson HS147 will also work. I'm sure there's others but those are the ones I have experience with working/fitting.

Paul
I have the main body of the saw and need everything else for it. rear handle assembly complete upper and lower and the top/wrap handle.

WJ-9-1 and the WJ -20-1 will also work

Thought I might post some pictures of what I have been up to lately. Took the pioneer p50 out to mill with, used the 3200 to buck the 4' cedar. The p50 air filter seemed kinda crappy, so I bought an air filter elbow off a husky 268 and bolted it up with a velocity stack. I just need to find an air filter now. Let me know what you think!

20160922_101153.jpg

20160922_104807.jpg

20160922_125448.jpg

Thought I might post some pictures of what I have been up to lately. Took the pioneer p50 out to mill with, used the 3200 to buck the 4' cedar. The p50 air filter seemed kinda crappy, so I bought an air filter elbow off a husky 268 and bolted it up with a velocity stack. I just need to find an air filter now. Let me know what you think!

View attachment 528303

View attachment 528304

View attachment 528305
I have been using that same v-stack set up for about 5 years with a unifilter. But I no longer recommend the unifilter,it lets some stuff get thru it and does not flow as well as a K&N.On K&N's web site there is all kinds of filters that will fit a v-stack under universal clamp on air filters.Nice pics by the way.How did the p-50 do milling?

I had planned to find a K&N style filter. The foam ones just looked kind of poor. The P50 did well milling, I found the weak point though, the clutch just isn't big enough to transfer the power. I was also milling cedar, 28" wide, 3" thick, 65" long, so its not too much load for the saw. I did notice that i went through almost as much, if not more, bar oil/fuel as I would have with the 090.

Latest posts

Back