Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that P42 a "western" model. I see its got the full wrap and brake and a different muffler than the ones I have.

Hey everyone, up until last week I'd only heard of Pioneer saws. Anyway I donated some dollars to a raffle that tree monkey was doing, and look what I ended up with:
rps20161220_141826_536.jpg
I hear it's the same as a Pioneer P45. I've only made a few cuts with it, but it's a very impressive saw! It's got boost ports, and Scott worked some magic on it when he built it.

I must admit that for a saw of that vintage, it feels very modern. Decent AV, chain brake, decompression valve, etc. I'm looking forward to getting to use it more.

Anyway, just thought I'd check in. Cool to know that there's guys that like these things. Keep up the good work!

One word of caution...
DO NOT store it with fuel on board.
The fuel caps swell to the point they are difficult to impossible to remove and fuel caps are rarer than hen's teeth.
Nice score...
She'll be good to you.
Lou

Thanks for the advice. Scott warned me about them swelling, but just advised me to only use ethanol-free fuel (already my practice). Good to know that it's more serious than I thought. I'll be sure to empty it after use.

Is that P42 a "western" model. I see its got the full wrap and brake and a different muffler than the ones I have.

same muff [rear exit] as my p61w, so I would say yep. hopin the tag is hid, as I haven't seen it yet. had clutch cover off but not starter yet. cant see delta changing anything from stock, tho.

same muff [rear exit] as my p61w, so I would say yep. hopin the tag is hid, as I haven't seen it yet. had clutch cover off but not starter yet. cant see delta changing anything from stock, tho.

If you do find the tag it would be interesting to know if it was built in Peterborough or Huron Park. I had thought all the Pioneer Partner versions were built in Huron Park but my PP52 was built in Peterborough according to the label.

Hi,
Could you please help me? I try to find Pioneer 750 chainsaw crankshaft seals, but I don't know what is the seal's sizes.

Thanks

Hi,
Could you please help me? I try to find Pioneer 750 chainsaw crankshaft seals, but I don't know what is the seal's sizes.

Thanks

Pioneer 425076 for both sides

You can use SKF CR6541 seals for both flywheel and PTO sides.

You are looking for a bore pocket of 1.25 inches dia (Seal case OD)
shaft dia of 0.656 inches dia (shaft dia)
Seal width 0.25 inches

Metric would be Case bore 31.75 mm

Shaft dia 16.66 mm

The seal width 6.35 mm

Pioneer 425076 for both sides

You can use SKF CR6541 seals for both flywheel and PTO sides.

You are looking for a bore pocket of 1.25 inches dia (Seal case OD)
shaft dia of 0.656 inches dia (shaft dia)
Seal width 0.25 inches

Metric would be Case bore 31.75 mm

Shaft dia 16.66 mm

The seal width 6.35 mm

Thanks, I will check the local supplier stock, but I am afraid of this CR6541 not available in Europe.

So how good are these reeds?
5c4a020b33694d9575146c8b104f4e4f.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Back