Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
propliner

propliner

ArboristSite Guru
Give me some time Brendon & I'll see what I have in my pile

Thanks Artie, and a thank you to everyone for the kind words.

I'm not quite done yet, I found the original Pioneer 22" bar in excellent shape that I will paint next (I'm going to try and stencil the Pioneer logo onto it) and the chainbrake handle in the pics is not the one I painted, either. By the time the decals arrive it will be fully complete.

leeha

leeha

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
It's finally all done except for the decals. The paint was hardened nicely this afternoon so I went ahead and finished it. I'm super pleased with the results and I'll post some more pics after I get the decals for it and add a bar and chain. If anyone knows where I might find a full-wrap handle for this saw I'd sure appreciate the lead. It won't really be a Western saw without one.

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Oops, I forgot the rear hanguard. It'll be on there next time as well.

Nothing but SWEET.
Excellent job.

Lee

stone69er

stone69er

ArboristSite Operative
3270 Resto

Projects starting to take a little shap now.Been blasted and etch primed and had its coat of 2 pack enamel,gonna give it a rub down this weekend for a nice top cat and reasembly time...:chainsaw:
Think with the work this has had Im just gonna have to use it...or maybe not,trying too talk the wife into letting me hang it in the lounge:greenchainsaw:

cjcocn

cjcocn

Tree Freak
Projects starting to take a little shap now.Been blasted and etch primed and had its coat of 2 pack enamel,gonna give it a rub down this weekend for a nice top cat and reasembly time...:chainsaw:
Think with the work this has had Im just gonna have to use it...or maybe not,trying too talk the wife into letting me hang it in the lounge:greenchainsaw:

That project looks great and I am looking forward to the next set of pics.

:cheers:

RobShelton

RobShelton

ArboristSite Member
P-41 Full wrap bar

Hey Brendon, I think this is gonna make you very happy! :clap: The exposed metal is dark forest green and it's just about perfect! The only thing not with it is a small aluminum "Mounting plate" (#430220 from the IPL) that goes where the top screws mount. Send me a PM or email with your address and I can get you a price including shipping. Rob

propliner

propliner

ArboristSite Guru
Wow, that's great news, Rob. Thanks very much! I couldn't find the mounting plate you were referring to in the IPL. Maybe it's for an older P41? I've sent you a P.M.

Edit: I found the mounting plate in an IPL for the P40. The bar you have looks like it has the recessed holes and will not need the plate. It is the bar I've been looking for.

Brendon.

Last edited:
pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Lawrence and Jerry - there is what appears to be an old IEL AB on Craigslist in Surrey (Vancouver) right now. No price though, but it looks to be in very good condition.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/clt/1228876845.html

I'd love to have it but can't afford to make an offer right now.

Thanks Brad;
I will let Lawrence know , he needs some parts for his recently bought AB, its also in his neck of the woods.
Pioneerguy600

Brmorgan

Brmorgan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah I remembered seeing that a few pages back, so when I saw it while trudging thru CL ads today I thought I'd post it. I thought he lived down that way somewhere but I wasn't sure.

After looking at the CSCC page for the AB, I noticed it originally called for an 8:1 mix ratio for break-in and 12:1 thereafter. Sheesh! Can you imagine? At least you wouldn't have to worry about mosquitoes and blackflies when cutting!

Oh, and Jerry, I also found an old Pioneer 650 that the guy wanted either $300 or $350 for, can't remember which offhand. It was in good shape, but not that good.

Last edited:
RobShelton

RobShelton

ArboristSite Member
Smokey

8:1 and 12:1? I wouldn't worry about the 'skeeters and flies - I'd worry about seeing what I was cutting! With all that smoke you might want to have a burning permit from the fire dept if the neighbors are close...Really shows the difference in lubrication now.

After looking at the CSCC page for the AB, I noticed it originally called for an 8:1 mix ratio for break-in and 12:1 thereafter. Sheesh! Can you imagine? At least you wouldn't have to worry about mosquitoes and blackflies when cutting!

Latest posts