Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all so what is the biggest saw pioneer made? no hybrid conversions out there? No 650 barrel and pistons on P series saws ?

I believe it is this one.
The Pioneer 800 at 126cc's

Pioneer800006.jpg

Pioneer800005.jpg

Pioneer800004.jpg

Lee

pioneer p-62

Hi everyone,
this is some great forum here!!! A lot of info and some fun too.
Well, this is my first post here, so be nice ok? I'm not saw guru, not even saw dude but pure saw greenhorn. But I'm
strong man and have problem.
The problem is 32'' wide and 60' long acorn trunk laying on my friend backyard. The solution we have is Pioneer P-62 with 24inch bar. But is the 24" bar enough or do I need 36" bar for this job?
I will greatly appreciated any suggestions how to cut this monster. I want to do it myself (well i have no money to pay expert) and I want to do it with this big bad saw.
Thank you.

Hi everyone,
this is some great forum here!!! A lot of info and some fun too.
Well, this is my first post here, so be nice ok? I'm not saw guru, not even saw dude but pure saw greenhorn. But I'm
strong man and have problem.
The problem is 32'' wide and 60' long acorn trunk laying on my friend backyard. The solution we have is Pioneer P-62 with 24inch bar. But is the 24" bar enough or do I need 36" bar for this job?
I will greatly appreciated any suggestions how to cut this monster. I want to do it myself (well i have no money to pay expert) and I want to do it with this big bad saw.
Thank you.

With a 24" bar you can cut up to about 48" by cutting from both sides of the trunk.

Screws

Hi guys, I've just started a P52 restoration and was wondering if anyone had some extra NOS hardware available. I'm looking for various lengths of those silver Pioneer slotted screws. Does anyone have any available? I'd be happy to trade for other stuff, of course.
I may not be able to answer replies for a week but I'll try to check... I'm headed for Mexico.
Brendon.

Hi all so what is the biggest saw pioneer made? no hybrid conversions out there? No 650 barrel and pistons on P series saws ?
Sorry i was a bit confusing with my question I see the 800 saw would be the biggest I was also wondering if anyone had hotted up any saws? i have a damaged P51 that i wouldnt mind having a play with It does go but the crank/clutch shaft moves up and down the oiler is loose as well the saw runs but ive never cut with it i picked it up a few years ago as parts for my one could be my winter project?

That Pioneer 800 looks like it came from "Adelaide" "Power Mower" is a dealer near me, I was there last week trying to buy a "Alpina Super Pro 120" but the guy wouldn't sell it. :cry: :)

hmmmmm, would he sell to a belgian....? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: that one is a have to on my list also... I have seen 90's already over here but no 120 so far.

hmmmmm, would he sell to a belgian....? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: that one is a have to on my list also... I have seen 90's already over here but no 120 so far.

I'm going to phone him tomorrow to see if he has an Alpina coil, if he has I'll twist his arm a little harder regarding the "super pro 120" :).

I'm going to phone him tomorrow to see if he has an Alpina coil, if he has I'll twist his arm a little harder regarding the "super pro 120" :).

I'd butter him up real good.
Don't twist his arm to hard, it might hurt
and then you will never get it.

I'm with Roland
would love to have a 120 in my collection.
Someday.

Lee

Gmax: Never had seen one of those saws before, your fuel bowl / fill is on the opposite side of my RA...did any of these saws make it to the U.S. market?

I'd butter him up real good.
Don't twist his arm to hard, it might hurt
and then you will never get it.

I'm with Roland
would love to have a 120 in my collection.
Someday.

Lee

I was at his shop today to pick up a coil, he still wont sell the 120, it just sits on the floor in his workshop :(
I took a pic with my phone.
attachment.php

Some Pioneer Topics

Hello Fellas

1.Hello Lee,that's a big machine that Pioneer 800.How does it perform?

2.Brendon,concerning those slotted screws,are you talking about the machine screws that you find on the P Series saws?If so could you not order some from a fastener supply company in assorted lengths or cut your own to size?I do know when I went to purchase some of those machine screws from the auto supply store they did not have them in that thread count or whatever it is.I was thinking of doing this.

3.I have just received a bunch of articles concerning the takeover of the Pioneer Chainsaw Company that was owned by OMC at the time the employees wanted to buy into the company.I have read a couple of items but there are quite a few related to the whole issue of events.I would like to post some of the articles but I think there may be a copyright issue.

4.I also just received an original owner,low hours,P41 Western.It has the original tool pouch with it and a chain guard that has the dealers name on it from Montana.I will post pictures soon if anyone cares to look at them

That's it for now
Lawrence

Hello Fellas

1.Hello Lee,that's a big machine that Pioneer 800.How does it perform?

2.Brendon,concerning those slotted screws,are you talking about the machine screws that you find on the P Series saws?If so could you not order some from a fastener supply company in assorted lengths or cut your own to size?I do know when I went to purchase some of those machine screws from the auto supply store they did not have them in that thread count or whatever it is.I was thinking of doing this.

3.I have just received a bunch of articles concerning the takeover of the Pioneer Chainsaw Company that was owned by OMC at the time the employees wanted to buy into the company.I have read a couple of items but there are quite a few related to the whole issue of events.I would like to post some of the articles but I think there may be a copyright issue.

4.I also just received an original owner,low hours,P41 Western.It has the original tool pouch with it and a chain guard that has the dealers name on it from Montana.I will post pictures soon if anyone cares to look at them

That's it for now
Lawrence

Good to hear that the saw made it to you, would like very much to see picts of it.
Pioneerguy600

P50 Compression??

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew what the approx. compression should be on a p50? Thanks ED:chainsaw:

Compression on a P50?

The Pioneer Disassembly and Assembly Procedures manual I have lists the P51 as having 150 psig/1035 kPa. I think it should be the same as your P50. But most small engines need at least 100 pounds of compression to run well, so your P50 will probably fall in that range. Anybody have the listing for the P50?

3270 resro all done

Finished off my resto job on my 3270 tonight(apart from a couple of screws to pick up tomorrow).
Im over the moon and really pleased with it,Have been contemplating using it,but NO chance,would be gutted to scratch it:clap:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

well done

you have made a nice job of it,Have you done the whole thing yourself? does it go? How hard was it finding parts? I have a few old pioneer saws myself Im in nz also in taranaki

Latest posts

Back