Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pioneer story

Wow that's sad. I had heard Pioneer failed because of mismanagement but I didn't know the details. It makes me sick to read what happened. Way too much debt, far too little management experience and a lot of good intentions proved a quick way to bankruptcy. Then and again, hindsight is 20/20...:deadhorse:

P41 Chain Brake

Hello Fellas
Could someone familiar with how the chain brake works on the P41 Western fill me in a little.I have removed the the bar side cover that includes the chain brake and could use a little advice on how to reassemble it.Is it just a matter of placing it back on and tighten the screws
Thanks
Lawrence

Lawrence, the key is to install the band with the spring hooked onto it but don't put the other end of the spring over the post yet. Next, bolt the handle on. Last, pop the spring over the post and install the dust cover.

Chain Brake

Hello Brendon
Thanks for the reply,but I don't see any type of band,I think my chain brake is different than yours by looking at your pictures, and at mine.Do you have an IPL for the P41 Western?
Many Thanks
Lawrence

P41 chain brake

Hello Fellas
Well, Well ! There seems to be a bit of a problem with the good deal I got on the P41.The parts that make the chain brake operational, band,and other parts that go with it so that it will work are missing.I have contacted the previous owner and I am waiting a reply.Is it possible that these parts could have fallen out when he took the bar off the saw for shipping?Would anyone care to post a couple of clear pictures of the chain brake set up as it sits in the cover if they have this model? Maybe even the individual pieces that make up the chain brake if it's not too much to ask.I found an IPL for the P41,but it is not all that clear to view.Also the brake handle is different as well,mine does not look like propliners (Brendon's)maybe I have a later model.
Many Thanks
Lawrence

pioneer 1120?

hi im new to pioneer saws i was given my first this weekend but it is without the bar and chain. i cant seem to find any info really on the 1120 is there another model similar? i know that the chain is 404 , if someone could help me out it would be appreciated??

Here's one that came in today.
A not to bad Pioneer 650. Has excellent
compression but no spark. So i will have
to give the points a good cleaning and probably
clean the fuel system with a carb kit.
Someone had painted the clutch cover at one time.
Other wise all original.

Lee

Pioneer650001-1.jpg

Pioneer650002-1.jpg

Pioneer650003-1.jpg

Pioneer650004-1.jpg

Lawrence, could you post a pic of the parts that you have for your chainbrake? That would be a good start I think. Maybe I can help you out with parts if the previous owner doesn't come through.

Lee, nice saw!

Congratulations on the 1120 and welcome to the group! From your profile I see you are a welder that loves wood and engines so you will fit in very well here!
I don't see a copy of the 1120's Illustrated Parts list online, but I can send you a scan of mine if you send me a PM with your email address. The IPL is too larger to post here. And here's the page from Mike Acres site:
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...b701230877545a3c88256b000010a4c4?OpenDocument

If you have any specific questions fire away! :)

hi im new to pioneer saws i was given my first this weekend but it is without the bar and chain. i cant seem to find any info really on the 1120 is there another model similar? i know that the chain is 404 , if someone could help me out it would be appreciated??

Pioneer P 50 ? 51? 60?

jvd1, I just noticed that the top handle is a replacement. Can you take the blower cover off and take a pic of the coil? I'm now leaning towards late P51 or P52. Also, if you can check the oil pump for plugged off manual oiler lines, that would help. Cylinder bore would sure narrow it down, too.

Thanks for the insight, I don't know how to get into the oiler to check for stubbed off oil lines. I have taken a picture of the coil off the parts saw I got, the same as the runner. Thanks for the help!

P-51?

It has the kill switch in the top handle too. It is looking like a P-51? Thanks
Jvd

P41 Hand guard?

Hey Lawrence, I'm thinking your saw does not have a chain brake. From your description it seems it only has the hand guard - just looks like a brake. I'm betting your hand guard has two rectangular holes in it as opposed to the steel loop in Brendon's photos. If so then sorry, no brake system. And the clutch cover may be from a P42 or later saw as I don't see one showing up on the P41 IPL, although it looks like the guard might bolt on to the P41 in the place of the chain brake. My observations are based on the IPL's for these saws and I could be wrong! Anybody have other ideas? Here's an IPL for the P42 showing the hand guard: Look familiar?

Hello Fellas
Well, Well ! There seems to be a bit of a problem with the good deal I got on the P41.The parts that make the chain brake operational, band,and other parts that go with it so that it will work are missing.I have contacted the previous owner and I am waiting a reply.Is it possible that these parts could have fallen out when he took the bar off the saw for shipping?Would anyone care to post a couple of clear pictures of the chain brake set up as it sits in the cover if they have this model? Maybe even the individual pieces that make up the chain brake if it's not too much to ask.I found an IPL for the P41,but it is not all that clear to view.Also the brake handle is different as well,mine does not look like propliners (Brendon's)maybe I have a later model.
Many Thanks
Lawrence

Thanks Ed

View attachment 105583Lawrence, I hope this will help you.

Thanks Ed
That is the drawing I ran in to today,with about the same clarity.I am missing those parts that are behind the cover,the clamp and things.Brendon suggested I take a picture of it and post it in the thread,so maybe tomorrow.
Thanks Again
Lawrence

Just picked up 2 more project saws:chainsaw:
A pioneer 600,thanks dropped51,awsome saw and its already striped down for its birthday.And a Canadien 271 gear drive also from another As member Gregford.
Rapt with both saws,I think the 600 will be top of the list as its not a runner(yet),the 271 runs and it's 100% complete,pretty grunty saws eh..:clap:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

um its sitting on my bench in the carshed Rang the powdercoaters bout $65 to do it ... Gota spend some quality time with the mrs lol At times they dont understand:cry:

Back